• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha Snowmobile Division.... Mission/Vision Statement

I heard there's only going to be four sled dealers left in all of southern Ontario.

rides better, and has required less maintenance than my Apex. I will gladly swap out a $5 top gear bushing every fall if it means I don’t ever have to change an exhaust donut again.
I get this statement 100%. If I were still riding my 2007 Apex GT, that required donuts every 4,000 miles like clockwork. The next generation Apex didn't need donuts till almost 12,000 miles, and the job to swap them was super easy (in comparison)

Now ask me how much fun it is to simply swap the chaincase oil on my Viper, let alone swap a top gear bushing? I will keep the Apex chaincase with a drainplug thank you.

Pull side panel and remove muffler. Footwell parts and reverse motor. Then pull screws from chaincase. Not real difficult at all. I still have my 08 Anniversary Apex and the chaincase on the new platform is simple once you do it a couple times.

Pull side panel and remove muffler. Footwell parts and reverse motor. Then pull screws from chaincase. Not real difficult at all. I still have my 08 Anniversary Apex and the chaincase on the new platform is simple once you do it a couple times.
You don't even need to drop the engine oil.

How is this already turning into a maintenance comparison thread?

Year 2028, Yamaha will be offering the revised Procross chassis with new led gauge, updated shocks and beautiful new paint scheme and stickers

"We made a series of bad decisions, and as a result, we lost our reputation and we can now no longer actually manufacture snowmobiles. We went from the industry leader to standing in the corner facing the wall."

We keep saying the same stuff over and over every year, myself included.

Back