• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha VK Pro 2 Slide rail wheel adjustment

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Yamaha VK Pro 2
Hi,
Just bought a 2022 VK Pro 2. Id like to try different adjustments. Will dropping to this lower hole affect track tension in any way? Meaning, can i just jack it up and drop holes, or will it loosen the track and possibly need track tension adjustments after if i screw with it? Thanks

Attachments

• 687E735A-33E8-461D-B450-AA7E5EE4D97B.jpeg
    687E735A-33E8-461D-B450-AA7E5EE4D97B.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 132

I have not made any such adjustments but would not expect it to require a track tension adjustment afterwards.

Welcome to TY.

no it won't affect track tension, but to lower you should back off your tension and pull the torsion spring out of the hook behind the idler wheel and then drop down into the next hole makes it alot easier . just did a 2018 vk540v , which has the same rear design skid. keep in mind this will raise the ride height making the sled a bit more tippy! cheers!

no it won't affect track tension, but to lower you should back off your tension and pull the torsion spring out of the hook behind the idler wheel and then drop down into the next hole makes it alot easier . just did a 2018 vk540v , which has the same rear design skid. keep in mind this will raise the ride height making the sled a bit more tippy! cheers!
Thanks. I was hoping it be just as easy as pulling the bolts and jacking it up. I dont have a garage and its still a bit snow packed in there.
Im trying to see if it can help it with some deep snow trenching. Truthfully, im slightly regretful of the purchase…It trenches pretty easy and im almost a bit worried now to ride it alone. I had to get pulled out twice. The snow is incredibly deep this year.
I had the dealer drop the limit strap to the first hole before i even rode it, im wondering if that is aiding in the trenching as well. Not sure what hole it came with from the factory.
My sled before this was a 600 ace tundra. Pretty much never got stuck. Two different machines, i know.

Last edited:
already have the floatation skis/skins on it?

already have the floatation skis/skins on it?
I have the 11 inch skins, and i was thinking about that after i got stuck earlier today….The skins are huge, and they dont have much of a rear curve. As i go in reverse to try and get out, they tend to dig in and almost act like a giant anchor. Why they dont have generous rear curves, i dont know.
I was thinking, they work great forward, but might be aiding in the trenching in reverse. The stock ones might not have so much surface area to grab in reverse.

might want to try sucking up the limiter 1 hole as it might crawl up on top of the snow better. had to do this to a sled as it was trying to weelie on any throttle input.

might want to try sucking up the limiter 1 hole as it might crawl up on top of the snow better. had to do this to a sled as it was trying to weelie on any throttle input.
Definitely was going to try that in a bit

I just sucked it up a hole and took it for a ride. Ive got to say…. im fascinated an inch or so of strap length made such a difference. I honestly didnt think that little bit would change the characteristics that much.
Before, driving across the lake, it felt like a boat not on plane yet. Now, well, it runs level like a boat on plane. Ok…i still thought it would trench, so i took it over a snow drift that i got stuck in earlier. It crawled over. Again, im kind of fascinated lol.
Ive got hope for this thing now lol

what I alway found with any widetrack sleds and breaking trails, the moment I felt the sled slowing in and starting to spin,, I would stop and back up a bit then continue on in fwd. always worked for me. I always travel with a small shovel and snow shoes just in case because most of the time I break trails by myself! note: when breaking trails or riding deep snow secure the snow flap up and out of the way! cheers!

snow shoes a must when trail breaking especially when by yourself. if conditions are bad , i will carry a farm jack and chunk of plywood as it saves you back so you do not have to lift a big sled like this by yourself.

My kit includes ropes, rope-come-a-long, and ice screws. Basically a winch outfit.

snow shoes a must when trail breaking especially when by yourself. if conditions are bad , i will carry a farm jack and chunk of plywood as it saves you back so you do not have to lift a big sled like this by yourself.
I just ordered Snow Jack. Ive heard good things about them. See how it works.

..The skins are huge, and they dont have much of a rear curve. As i go in reverse to try and get out, they tend to dig in and almost act like a giant anchor. Why they dont have generous rear curves, i dont know.
An easy fix in regards to the rear of those skins ... rivet or bolt a flap/extension on the upturned piece.

Back