• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

ROCK
I put my cell phone on charge and did not get the message tell this a.m.

1. no grip error
2. RPMs at idle 1350
3. if the RPMs go below or near 1000 the led will go RED from GREEN, AT 1350 RPMs normal idle speed the led is GREEN.

If you turn the switch to off - should that turn off the led light also?
:o|

The battery is strong on the sled and also on my cell phone.
:jump:

Tnx Indy!

Have 2 other lines going elsewhere also.
Between stuffing the boards, soldering, wire control, testing, potting, terminating, testing again, packing, directions, & shipping,
One board takes about 24 hours, from start to finish.

You guys may like this.
Have a long time friend that came down with epilepsy a few years back.
He has an implant that takes care of the symptoms, but is relatively un-employable as he can't drive and most insurance won't accept him.

He has always done well with electronics so I have put him to work building boards also.
Is working out well for all of us.
You, me, & him. : )
Gotta like that!

The other guys are Technically Competent (Not easy to find!) friends that are currently otherwise laid off.

The end result is, there is a higher social benefit in addition to Nice Warm Hands for us! ;)!

That's the kind of world I like to live in. :-o

apex*snowman said:
ROCK
I put my cell phone on charge and did not get the message tell this a.m.
1. no grip error
2. RPMs at idle 1350
3. if the RPMs go below or near 1000 the led will go RED from GREEN, AT 1350 RPMs normal idle speed the led is GREEN.
If you turn the switch to off - should that turn off the led light also? :o|
The battery is strong on the sled and also on my cell phone. :jump:

Spoke with apex snowman. His cell phone WAS charged! lol
So far everything is working fine.

Remember way back in the first page of posts I spoke of Tolerances?
His sled is one of those where all the tolerances fell to the negative, so the charging voltage is low. Not a bad thing, just a mathematical fact.
With the charging voltage low, the ECU turns off the grips.

(PS If you run into this, it is almost guaranteed to be with-in spec, so I would Not suggest running to your dealer with your sled. lol)

The cure for this is to keep the RPMs up so it is always charging. Simply turn up the idle.

Would bet his warmers were REALLY cold before! :brrr:

He is going to get us voltage measurements at the change point, that will give us alot of info about the ECU programming.

PS Your battery can appear strong, but actually be only 50% or so charged.
It will have plenty of reserve capacity to start your sled, but in reality be low on charge.
The only way to know for sure, is to measure the voltage and/or a specific gravity test.
(A small change in battery voltage can indicate a big change in % of charge.)
Using/leaving the battery partially charged will slowly kill it.

Rock
It was nice to talk to you, I ran the sled, and then with the stock handwamer control. :jump:

I set it on one bar.
The led light works like they should. ;)!

I set the switch to off and the led light went out. LaLaLa

I will get you the reading from the battery. :o|

let it snow

bob

mine works like a charm, thanks alot rock, great product,

if you bitch about the warmers, you are a dumb a$$ if you dont just buy this kit. takes about 20minutes to install or less if you have your sled apart for something else.

thanks again.

BETHEVIPER said:
mine works like a charm, thanks alot rock, great product,

if you bitch about the warmers, you are a dumb a$$ if you dont just buy this kit. takes about 20minutes to install or less if you have your sled apart for something else.

thanks again.

You are welcome!

Hhahhahaa!

Love the way you put that, have kinda thought that, but doesn't quite have the same meaning coming from me.

Rockmeister :-o

WoOoHooO!!

Am all caught up again!
Have 10 units at the ready right now.
(I soooooo like this, would much rather be able to ship immediately!)
Everyone that ordered already is shipped.
Any units ordered right now will ship the same or next day! ;)!
Can order Express Mail right now and have Warm Hands Monday! (Tuesday at the latest.)

FYI: Mr Sled had ordered a number of them, he held off getting his, so you guys could get yours first. Says good things about him guys. :rocks:

If you are heading to Muni, get yours ordered now & you can have it installed and have Warm Hands before the weekend.

Will also be bringing a number of units to Muni, any ordered to be picked up at Muni will come first, then what I have left will be available.
:-o

You want to talk about costumer service, I am out riding today and I get a voicemail on my cell from Rock asking me how I like my warm hands box. This is on a Saturday. Rock you are a standup guy. It is great you are making this for us and then employing your buddies that are out of work. Thanks again Rock.................Brian

rrxx-1 said:
This thing is great! You can warm up the bars and then turn it down some. If you get cold crank it back up. The best thing is they are warm as soon as you take off. No more freezing your hands from the start, and then trying to warm them up. Rock you did a great job with this! I just got back from a 100 mile ride, and it was -5F, no cold hands. Thanks again for fixing one of Yamaha big shortcomings...................

Got my warm hands kit last weekend and finnally got around to installing it yesterday and went out for a ride.

WOW it works great ,why the heck didnt you make this kit up 5 years ago?

Easy install on my RX and I mounted the LED by my heated shield plug in so it will illuminate the area at night.

Having all the connecters for the install ,even though I didnt need some(for other sleds) was a big plus.

Rock buddy!

Went to the Winterfest Radar runs yesterday and showed tons of people your set up. They could not believe how warm and how fast you can get the grips going. Hate to say this but I think you will be getting a lot more calls.....

Here is the link to the Winterfest results:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=69385

Also, BETHEVIPER is right. If you don't have this unit, you are missing out! I put 2 units on 2 Attaks in my trailer with just a couple of hand tools. Hot hands in less than an hour.

steve 05 RX-1 said:
Got my warm hands kit last weekend and finnally got around to installing it yesterday and went out for a ride.

WOW it works great ,why the heck didnt you make this kit up 5 years ago?

Easy install on my RX and I mounted the LED by my heated shield plug in so it will illuminate the area at night.

Having all the connecters for the install ,even though I didnt need some(for other sleds) was a big plus.

Glad ya like!
Been thinking about how to make it all work well for a long time Dude!

Like how you used the LED for the additional function of illuminating the helmet visor power jack. Pretty cool! ;)!

Do work to make sure you have all the connectors, etc required, makes it much easier!
(Have missed a few, but not many!)

You best be ready to ride Wed! lol
Heading up Tuesday night! (Or ride Tuesday night also!) :-o

NOS-PRO said:
Rock buddy!

Went to the Winterfest Radar runs yesterday and showed tons of people your set up. They could not believe how warm and how fast you can get the grips going. Hate to say this but I think you will be getting a lot more calls.....

Here is the link to the Winterfest results:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=69385

Also, BETHEVIPER is right. If you don't have this unit, you are missing out! I put 2 units on 2 Attaks in my trailer with just a couple of hand tools. Hot hands in less than an hour.

Thanks Dude!

I really appreciate that! :rocks:
Can handle the calls right now. lol
Stupid tranny about drained me! :o|
May as well have set that money in a pile on the floor and set it on fire!

Have to tell the guys about the two sleds side by side, that was pretty cool. :-o

well rock hate to boost your ego any more LOL :tg: jk went riding in the black hills again for the 2nd weekend in a row and man this kit ROCKS. hopefully this will last the lifetime of the sled. it was about 40 degrees out and man they got way to hot at times i just turned them on to dry out my mechanix gloves great job rock ;)!

Back