• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Hey Rock , thanks for the best upgrade for your dollar ,
all late model yamaha's ,

( factory please listen )

To everyone else , call to get the heat, best gift to yourself
you will love it !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!

COLDONE said:
Rock, Had Kip at Pat's install my Apex LTX Yamaheaters & they don't get as hot as my wife's Vector LTX does. I rode all day Sat-Sun-Mon with them on & not much hotter than stock in 16 to 23 deg temps. They were hotter, but not real hot. Any ideas? Pat's installed my wife's also, so i'm sure they were installed right!

BR

Hi BR!

Every sled will be different as the grips, charging systems, etc are different.
(That's why I avoid quoting an exact temperature number, it is too subjective & depends on too many variables.)
That being said, you definitely should have a noticeable difference from stock, especially at that air temp.
Send me a PM with your phone number & we can see what is going on exactly & get you taken care of!

Rock : )

PS I'm sure Pat's did fine. ;)!

gsxr said:
Probably not operating them correctly , see above 2 post!

While that is true in many cases, in this case,
BR bought one of the very first units, he knows them well. : )
He had faith in me before hardly anyone had actually used one, I appreciate that. ;)!

gsxr said:
Hey Rock , thanks for the best upgrade for your dollar ,
all late model yamaha's ,
( factory please listen )
To everyone else , call to get the heat, best gift to yourself
you will love it !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!

Thank you gsxr!

Pretty sure you are the most experienced Canadian at installing them! lol
All your friends must love you! Hahhahahha!

I believe they will get it all sorted out eventually & it won't be an issue, until then, I am here to help!

Rock :-o

Rock, I got a Yamaheater today in the mail for our 2008. It'll be after x-mas before I put it in. I don't really understand you bar graph, but haven't spent anytime yet reading the info that came with it. I don't have a red or a green led lite on machine, unless, it is on the Yamaheater you telling me. So, just a quick question, if my digital display on sled is up on high with all bars showing, this will not be high setting anymore????
Shawn.

Hi Shawn!

That will still be factory High (All bars showing), however you will have an even higher heat setting that replaces your current off (no bars).

The LED that turns RED or GREEN comes with your YamaHeater.
(The LED is clear when it is off, Green in Factory ECU mode, and RED when in High Heat mode, all controlled by your existing blue switch.)

Like I said prior, it is easier to use than explain. lol
Once you use it, you will know what I mean.

Hi Rock
Just got the Yamaheater kits everything is great going to start installs tonight. Merry X-mas and happy new year. I will be talking to you in the new year for more kits.
Thanks Darren :yam:

They worked AWESOME today, thanks again.

Yet another confusing question for you: If I put the 07 bars on a 06 sled and use the factory wiring (ie the stock wires from the stock grips, no need to cut any wires and solder) is it necessary to wire the grips in series? (I think they switched from running them parallel to in series but I'm not sure).

Any insight?

Thanks Rock. I'm sure I'll get it once I start using it too. I put 3 km on my 2010 ltx gt yesterday. Handwarmers on medium and seem to be heating ok but that's how our 08 first started out too. And no there is no heat in the hook part of handle which was nice to have there when it worked on the other one. Too bad they went and shortend that just to get what they got out of doing it.

shawnj said:
Thanks Rock. I'm sure I'll get it once I start using it too. I put 3 km on my 2010 ltx gt yesterday. Handwarmers on medium and seem to be heating ok but that's how our 08 first started out too. And no there is no heat in the hook part of handle which was nice to have there when it worked on the other one. Too bad they went and shortend that just to get what they got out of doing it.

the 10s im hearing are MUCH MUCH better finally.....the 10 vector i hear is very good,apex is decent too i hear but the vectors got higher output mags.

there is NO heat in the hooks for 10s,and they also put an insolator between the element and bar apparently,this goes along way to keeping heat on hand and not getting wick'd away into steel bars.

Dan

ACE51 said:

Yet another confusing question for you: If I put the 07 bars on a 06 sled and use the factory wiring (ie the stock wires from the stock grips, no need to cut any wires and solder) is it necessary to wire the grips in series? (I think they switched from running them parallel to in series but I'm not sure).
Any insight?

Hey Ace!

Yes, you can use the stock wiring, we may have to switch some wires around on your YamaHeater though to wire them in Parallel.
(Can walk you through this on the phone.) ;)!

Rockmeister said:
ACE51 said:

Any insight?

Hey Ace!

Yes, you can use the stock wiring, we may have to switch some wires around on your YamaHeater though to wire them in Parallel.
(Can walk you through this on the phone.) ;)!

ROck....i found i had to KEEP my SUB-LEAD in place to make them work...correct???

Dan

Hard Knocks said:
Hi Shawn,

You should still have some heat in the hook. They cut the wattage way back on the hook to give more to the rest of the grip. That was the big hand warmer solution for 2010.

there is NO HEAT on hooks at all for 10.

Dan

Back