• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

You can keep one... 07 Attak GT or 12 Apex SE

Which for your every day rider?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IceStriker

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attak GT
Ok guys, do I let go of my favorite sled to "upgrade" to the Apex?

I have a chance to buy a 2012 Apex SE with 7k miles for $3700.

Currently I own a 07 Attak GT with 8k miles.

For the Attak, it has the Hygear rear spring kit, I added a rear cooler, big wheel/marginal snow kit and Dupont slides. The Bergstrom Triples are getting close to replacement, it's close to an oil change, new battery and I was going to stud the middle as the track is wearing (losing some lugs). Also, I bought with 7k miles 3 years ago and I'm not sure if it needs donuts, bushings, etc.

As for the Apex, it has a new battery but I'm unaware of the maintenance other than the seller bought from a dealer 3 years ago and has put on 200 miles total and it's stored in a heated garage.

I'm thinking of buying the Apex and selling the Attak. Assuming I get $2750 for the Attak, is the Apex worth the extra $1k???

I'm trying to talk myself into the Apex but I'm really torn. Please help!

A lot of updates were done on the 11 plus sleds my vote is the 12 but I would buy an xtx but that’s me .
Coming from a 136, will I hate the 128 on the Apex? We're only talking a few inches but???

the air shock is no fun on that sled unless someone put some money into it. I would look for an xtx as well. then I would vote but you are asking a question that I would be hard pressed on myself because I don't care for the SE. hands down on a xtx or if by chance the se has coil over rear shock or re-valve.

the air shock is no fun on that sled unless someone put some money into it. I would look for an xtx as well. then I would vote but you are asking a question that I would be hard pressed on myself because I don't care for the SE. hands down on a xtx or if by chance the se has coil over rear shock or re-valve.
That's good insight. Thank you. I'll see if the seller can confirm that.

I had the 07 attak gt liked it a lot but really love my 12 xtx , I would never go shorter . I play in deeper stuff sometimes and I buried it a few times and that sucked

That's a deal. Have you rode a 11 or newer with power steering? Id buy it and ride it money for old sled could be used to upgrade new to you ride.

That's a deal. Have you rode a 11 or newer with power steering? Id buy it and ride it money for old sled could be used to upgrade new to you ride.
I have rode my dad's venture with EPS. Amazing and well needed for that tank! I'm thinking the value price alone on the Apex is worth buying. Shouldn't a 12 Apex SE in good condition be worth $5k?

@cannondale27 do you have a fix for the shock on this? A re-valve that cures the poor ride? he is our shock guru and is in Wisconsin. great work great prices.

I voted for the 12 but I would have to change out the shocks to coil overs ! If it cost you extra money then that leaves you open for a different sled XTX . I have Hygear shocks and Dual rate springs on my Vectors and it wasn't cheap ! But once you have it you can't go back ... I have heard it cost some money to up grade the Air shocks also . Time to way all options ! It is a sweet deal for the 12 if it was taken care of .

I have rode my dad's venture with EPS. Amazing and well needed for that tank! I'm thinking the value price alone on the Apex is worth buying. Shouldn't a 12 Apex SE in good condition be worth $5k?
Yes 5k is around what there going for around here.

Back