• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Your all time Favorite Sled?

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
Just curious as to what everyone's favorite sled is. It could be your current sled or something that you've previously had that's been sent down the road and you'd like to have back in your stable.

I've talked to a lot of sledheads over the years and there's some guys that think the latest, greatest sleds offered are their favorite, but there's many riders who have a place in their hearts for either their first sled or another classic sled from their family's past.

Let's hear about your favorite sled...

1995 VX-800

Attachments

• 1995vx800_3.jpg
    1995vx800_3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 170
View attachment 162202
1997 ZRT600 favorite so far . Great suspension awesome motor and 7800 dependable miles.
X2. I had the exact same sled.. Jet down 2 sizes and sync the carbs! BEAST at the time.. Loved this sled! The sound alone was addicting

1997 ZRT600 favorite so far . Great suspension awesome motor and 7800 dependable miles.
Back in the mid '90s during the great triple-triple wars those ZRT600's were definitely over-achiever's in there class. Quick, fast, and LOUD!

DGZRT...Do you still have the sled?

The sleds in the 90's were pretty special. All brands were strong. Something about those triples!
I couldn't agree with you more. The '90s is still my favorite era in snowmobiling with every OEM engaged in the triple-triple war. It was a great time to see the OEM's fighting it out to see who was going to be taking the bragging rights as King of the Lake every weekend.

Arctic Cat with the ZRT's and mighty Thunder Cat. Ski Doo with the Mach Z. Polaris with the XCR 800 and Storm, and Yamaha late to the party with the SRX 600 and 700. Good times back then with plenty of great memories flying down the lake and busting your buddies balls at the end of the day.

1628028119138.png

With the modern day 4-stroke turbo sleds we've got Yamaha's SRX and Arctic Cat's Thunder Cat still in the game with Ski Doo joining the party next season with their new Mach Z. Curiously Polaris doesn't seem to want join in the current 4-stroke turbo Lake Racer's party.

Here's a link to a great article from Snow Tech magazine that covers the 2-Stroke Triple era:

Last edited:
Back in the mid '90s during the great triple-triple wars those ZRT600's were definitely over-achiever's in there class. Quick, fast, and LOUD!

DGZRT...Do you still have the sled?
I wish I did . I had a stud pull half way out and literally cut the front bulkhead cooler in half . Luckily I saw it right after it happened and shut the sled down . Not having the resources I have now . I decided to part the machine out. I never lost a race with that sled and had many awesome rides ! Long live the triple!! Music to my ears.

My favorite was my 16 viper but a close 2nd was my 98 xc 700,slp piped that sled rocked.

Attachments

• 106.JPG
    106.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 150
My favorite was my 16 viper but a close 2nd was my 98 xc 700,slp piped that sled rocked.
I saw first hand how fast those sleds were. I saw a guy race a VMax4 with your sled and he was very close . In a shorter race I think the 700XC might have won.

I'd take the ol' '91 500 to the North Pole tomorrow!

Attachments

• img038.jpg
    img038.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 123
We had a '96 XLT and a '95 600 XCR. both great sleds. I gave the XLT to a friend a few years ago and it's up to 9000 miles now. But I really like my two Nytros a lot. As a side note Polaris surveyed the public in the early '90's and the public was asking them to build a light liquid triple in the 580 cc range. In the mid '90's you had a hard time getting one they sold so well.

My 2007 Apex RTX once I had it setup properly. That sled railed and it had just the right amount of power to hold it WFO through the trails.

Back