• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YXR drive clutch , What about using Polaris weights... ?

Lasse

Extreme
551-tm_thickbox_default.jpg
Quote:
YAMAHA CLUTCH WEIGHT CONVERSION KIT

This simple kit is designed to convert your Yamaha YXR clutch so that it can accept the Polaris, Arctic Cat and Comet style weights with bushing for the pin.

The kit comes with machined spacers, pivot pins, and nuts.

icon_question.gif
Anyone here having experience with the above ?
icon_question.gif

View attachment 156860
Quote:
This simple kit is designed to convert your Yamaha YXR clutch so that it can accept the Polaris, Arctic Cat and Comet style weights with bushing for the pin.

icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif

Thunder Products Clutching has been doing this for years and is very popular with the lower CC sleds running our TSK weights. They also work for our heavier weights for Arctic Cat and Polaris.

This is Thunder Products Clutching TSK-250 weight kit, but you can also get the pins we use and they are TSK-540

TSK-250.jpg

Thunder Products Clutching has been doing this for years and is very popular with the lower CC sleds running our TSK weights.
They also work for Arctic Cat and Polaris flyweights.
You can get the pins we use and they are part # TSK-540
Thunder products.jpg
:Rockon: Sounds great !
...but what about this "tower bushings" that seems to be needed ?

:( I have trouble knowing "how to think" if going from Yamaha to TSK or Polaris flyweights !?!? :(

1. What physical weight should I start with ?

2. What happens to the shift characteristics when the profile/curvature of the TSK or Polaris flyweights differs so much compared to Yamaha flyweights ?

Vikt teknik.jpg

View attachment 156860
Quote:

icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif

What Yamaha sled are you considering using this kit on?

What Yamaha sled are you considering using this kit on ?
The specific sled model does not matter....
It is the theories and techniques behind this that I want to understand and learn.

This is a picture of all 4 different flyweights that the sled in question was equipped with during all production years from the factory.
Alla vikter.jpg

:( No one here on the forum who has experience of the above modification of their YXR or YVX drive clutch ? :(

I've ran polaris weights as part of a Goodwin clutch kit I purchased when my sled was new. They worked fine but the kit itself was just wrong so I switched to an Ulmer kit with stm weights

Back