• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zbroz balljoints??

radianguy

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha FX NYTRO XT Express
Guys for anyone that has put the Zbroz front end on their Nytro I have a question. I put this front end on about a month ago and I have about 1000 km on it so far, got home yesterday and noticed I have excessive movement in the left spindle. With my sled parked in the shed if I grab the upper a arm and pull the sled forward the spindle will move about 1/4" forward(skis don't move ahead) then when I push back the spindle will move back to original position. Everything is tight, right side does not do this. Would this indicate the lower ball joint is bad?

Anything can happen, but I do kinda doubt it's the ball joint. I would look closer at your upper a arm bushings. They are no better than the stockers so I would think they are worn far before the ball joint. If you have that much play in a Ball joint you should literally be able to see a gap in between the ball and socket.

That's the thing, ball joint looks good! I hope it's nothing serious, done for the winter anyway have all summer to figure it out!!!

Go pick up some upper bushings and stick them in then see if the play is gone. They are cheap and OEM ones will work shouldn't take more than a half hour to put them in. Use lock tight on the upper a arm bolt though. I'm not positive because mine is a 08 but I think no matter what with the z broz front end you have to use 08 bushings no matter what year the sled is. The right way to fix it is to order ulmer's oil lite bushings because the oem bushings suck.

Someone feel free to chime in about the specifics on the z broz upper bushings, I know there is something different I think its just 08 bushings and shaft.

Can't see why they wouldn't...I'm assuming you used the stock bolts to mount the a-arms?

yes they are 08 pin's, so if you just get 08 bushings they will work. Thats what I though but I just had to clarify. Mine didn't come with them since its a 08.

Oil lite bushings are the only way to go. My dealer made a custom set for me in '08 and they are still as tight as they were from day one.

rlcofmn said:
Go pick up some upper bushings and stick them in then see if the play is gone. They are cheap and OEM ones will work shouldn't take more than a half hour to put them in.
I have a set of oilite bushings to put in but I haven't done them yet, I wanted to ride tomorrow (first ride of the season) should I do the bushings before I ride or will I be ok for 1 ride like this. Also you say about a half an hour to change them, what is the easiest way to change them? Can I just remove the arms and leave everything attached to the spindle?

radianguy said:
rlcofmn said:
Go pick up some upper bushings and stick them in then see if the play is gone. They are cheap and OEM ones will work shouldn't take more than a half hour to put them in.
I have a set of oilite bushings to put in but I haven't done them yet, I wanted to ride tomorrow (first ride of the season) should I do the bushings before I ride or will I be ok for 1 ride like this. Also you say about a half an hour to change them, what is the easiest way to change them? Can I just remove the arms and leave everything attached to the spindle?

I would think it will be fine for 1 ride but it's not bad to do. If you have a skid plate, remove the two bolts on the front and 4 on the bottom. I have done it with just removing the front two and bending the skid plate down. Then there are 3 bolts that hold the nose on. 4 bolts for the bumper, 2 that are easy to get to 2 that are behind the nose. After the bumper bolts are off the nose will come off. The upper a arm pivot bolts are now accessible. Remove your shock bolts and you can just swing the A arm out to be able to replace them.

30 min would be using air tools and having practice but it really is not that bad of a job. Just remember red lock tight on the suspension bolts.

;)!

did you just do the upper a arms? i have the same problem... slop. I have oilites to put in and I was thinking about doing just my uppers tomorrow and leaving the bottoms to do in the summer. maybe a bad idea

Back