• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

zbroz or skinz

Ok didnt know if it was for settling the sled down or not,dont forget to check out star suspensions rear skid update too.

pro116 said:
bottlerocket said:
What are your goals? Have you checked out JRE kit?

The only problem with jre is its maninly just for trail and thats it.You lose alot of ground clearance if you do any offtrail.

His kit really only works on the XTX...guys with shorties are out of luck.

You can do his set back mod though- first thing I would do if I had a short track nytro, well maybe I'd by a skinz kit first....

Trying to get on star suspension and its not in English. But I already have Pol. Transfer blocks and not sure what that plate kit is looks like a lowering kit or something and I don't want to do that at all

It might look a little bit lower but you would have full travel and plenty of clearance with the set back kit. Remember this is approx. what yamaha themselves did on the cross country sleds

If you are talking about the Star Suspension Kit for the XTX, it is not a lowering kit, but a kit that changes the motion ratios of the center as well as rear shock absorber. According to the information on their website, it makes the motion ratios more linear (and slightly progressive just at the bottom of the suspension stroke) instead of "various and all over the place" as the standard motion ratios. This makes the suspension ride slightly higher, but the suspension also becomes slightly softer at the beginning and middle of suspension stroke and there is for sure much more weight transfer than standard.

The very limited feedback that exist so far says it works really good and I am very pleased to see inventions like this. This is the way the motorcycle business has worked for years - don't try to fix a crappy motion ratio with magic shock absorber settings - fix the crappy motion ratio...!

Also, their set-back kit is interesting and like stated above, this is obviously the way Yamaha is trying to go with their cross country sleds.

09nytro said:
So what is the kit for the shorty.

It relocates the suspension back 4", requires a 128" track, gives a better approach angle to the track. I spoke to someone on here with it and said it makes a huge difference. He said his sled has zero inside ski lift, handles flat, gets great traction but with little to no transfer rearward.

Alatalo said:
BADSLED said:
How durable is the Skinz kit? Will it withstand same on trail abuse as stock a arms?
No clue, not really into trail abuse with the MTX...

On a side note, considering the approximately ten thousand different threads about bent front subframes, what is really the benefit in running strong A-arms...? I would rather swap a bent A-arm than a bent front subframe...

Not asking for stronger A-arms over stock ones but more concerned with aftermarket reliability. Simply don't want to find myself with A-arm falling apart on a trail. I think at some point all of us have made a disappointing purchase and if I'm going to spend that kind of coin I like to know what I'm getting. That's what makes these forums a fantastic tool for feedback.

09nytro said:
Does the set back kit from star help off trail to or more for trail ridding and handling.

Not sure...the guys I have talked to with it are trail riders...I would think it would help with off trail aswell...shallower approach angle would get you up on the snow better.

BADSLED said:
Alatalo said:
BADSLED said:
How durable is the Skinz kit? Will it withstand same on trail abuse as stock a arms?

On a side note, considering the approximately ten thousand different threads about bent front subframes, what is really the benefit in running strong A-arms...? I would rather swap a bent A-arm than a bent front subframe...

Not asking for stronger A-arms over stock ones but more concerned with aftermarket reliability. Simply don't want to find myself with A-arm falling apart on a trail. I think at some point all of us have made a disappointing purchase and if I'm going to spend that kind of coin I like to know what I'm getting. That's what makes these forums a fantastic tool for feedback.
I'm reading that zbroz lower balljionts braking and skins updated hiemjoints to 5/8

I have bent two lowers and three uppers

09nytro said:
BADSLED said:
Alatalo said:
BADSLED said:

I'm reading that zbroz lower balljionts braking and skins updated hiemjoints to 5/8

I have bent two lowers and three uppers

So you are running Skinz? Any problems with damaging the subframe also?

No not yet I'm getting the skinz kit.

I'm sorry that was stock arms that bent and I put grizz subframe kit in and haven't bent the frame yet

Back