• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Zip Ties and Screwdrivers!

YamYboY

Extreme
I had a nice fix over new years in the UP, I was riding along and the bolt that holds the top a-arm to the top of the spindle broke, I was lucky I was coming out of a corner. Thought I would share the photos, I was lucky I have a couple mechanical engineers from UW-Madison and UW-Platteville. I ended up riding it back 30 miles and did not break anything else, or damage the spindle. When done I only had 2 zipties left!

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

When I lose bolts I start canibilizing the bogie wheel bolts 1st.

Man......your just like our group this weekend, BROKEN SH!T every where. I smashed a rock and bent my bumper subframe and skidplate, my buddie nuked a sx700, other buddie whaked a tree and bent his subframe, had a XP granade a bilet upper idler wheel, and a upper a-arm bolt come loose on another Nytro, I feel like I am back 6-7 years ago when all we did was wrench on sled instead of ride em.

Nice rig job on the missing bolt! ;)!

agreed . its nice to see engineers do somethng that works lol ....... after working on cars where packaging is a higher priority then servicability on high wear items .

reminds me of something dad use to tell me .... engineers draw it plan it and forget it ... fabricators change everything and make it work lol .

anyway great fix and good luck mate .

With all those zip-ties the wind resistance must have knocked down your top end something fierce.

And this is why MEs rule the world.

Just found out some interesting news on this topic. Yammi stopped selling the nut that holds that ball joint together. You cant even get it now. Something pretty shady is going on maybe alot more were coming loose than were being talked about

Back