• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Weight loss game

yukon yamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro custom! 2014 viper custom
Like the topic says guys time for a viper diet......
The TY weight listed is 536 full of oil and anti freeze and one gallon of gas. That is my base line weight.
Light weight battery -8 to 10 lbs. assuming that the viper uses a ytx20 like the nytro
C3 carbon hood claims -18
Headlight delete -2-4
Muffler -10 to -14?
Header -1 to -2
Reverse delete -7
Light weight brake rotor -1.5
( the reverse delete and brake rotor are the ones that excite me I love to loose rotating mass.)
Wrp seat -2 or -3
Skinz seat ?
Intake kit -2-4 (viper has a huge intake box)

Keep the list going please
As soon as my viper arrives I will start to post weights for the parts I take off and add to see were we can get the final weight !

For those who are long tracking the Viper/XF7000, there is a carbon fiber tunnel extension aviliable. Its suppose to save a couple of pounds with greater weight savings to be had by reducing ice/snow build up in the tunnel.

Bill

Hay instead of all that money just go on a diet an loss 50lbs. It will be cheaper an you will be healthier. LOL just kidding

Hahah I also have been running and trying to cut some weight but at 6 foot and 190 I don't have much more to drop :drink:
Carbon extension is a very cool idea do you know who makes it?
I going to try the 1.75 backcountry 141 right off the bat and see how it goes. I have always loved that track and can't see why it would not kill it on the viper too

yukon yamaha said:
Hahah I also have been running and trying to cut some weight but at 6 foot and 190 I don't have much more to drop :drink:
Carbon extension is a very cool idea do you know who makes it?
I going to try the 1.75 backcountry 141 right off the bat and see how it goes. I have always loved that track and can't see why it would not kill it on the viper too

http://patrickcustomcarbon.com/index.ph ... ory_id=168
Looks like he makes a 144" tunnel ext too. Mostly Cat stuff, but now with the new Viper maybe we can get him to be a ty advertiser too!;-)

Bill

Now that is some awesome Caron fiber building! If he came out with a 141 tunnel part I would be all over that!

Be careful with those lightweight batteries if you leave the sled out overnight. Myself and others have bought only to find they don't/won't start at around zero F.

I take mine out at night if sled sits outside, or put the factory battery back in. They just don't cut it in the cold. Teens above F it may or may not go. I have had no luck putting a load on it either to "warm the battery" to turn sled over like they talk about. They are light though! You save 10-11 lbs.

I have been running a light weight battery and have had no problems below -20 C, ballistic batteries 8 cell is what we have been using in the nytro, and apex. I have been running the same one in my nytro for the last two winters. I do a balance charge on it at the start and end of my riding season.

Yup I'm back running a YUSA battery after the ballistic.

The Z Broz front end is good for a few pounds as well.

Back