• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro Rmk front on Nytro...

09nytro said:
Sled turned out nice , good work !

thanks !

I have plans for a new tunnel since the short track wont be installed anymore, my tunnel extension became to weak with the sheet i used. I have a pro rmk tunnel that i will use the coolers from and build a new one thats lighter.
A better track, boost and narrower a-arms would make it awesome.

This is what happened to my tunnel extension, i was worried that it would be to weak to lift the sled in the back but that was no problem it was to weak whe you pushed it down.
i just used standard aluminum since nothing else was available in Town and i needed something for my testride with the long track.
For the new tunnel i will order some better grade aluminum.
Any suggestions on what type of aluminum ? the only bend will be the lip for the runningboards.

a friend gave me a LED rear light that is really nice.

i also recieved the 20W LED head light that i ordered from China a couple of weeks ago.
But it is a bit Heavy so i dont think i will use it, there is another model that i think i will order, it is smaller lighter and more powerfull at 30 Watts.
im not looking for enought light to be riding at night i just want something that will light up the trail to get me home.

it will be interesting to se the weight of the old vs. the new tunnel.
On my current tunnel i have a really Heavy rear bumper, the snow flap is kind of massive two sets of steel drop brackets and reinforcements and double sheets in a couple of places.

The new tunnel will be about one inch lower and i will make aluminum drop brackets and use a lighter rear bumper, rear light and snowflap. i even Think that the Polaris coolers are lighter even if they will be longer.

i will also make the aluminum adaptor plates lighter with some milled pockets in them and probably clean up the electrical a bit.
so im hoping to make up a bit for installing the turbo.

Btw i put the sled on a scale and it was 269 kg/593 lbs not sure on how much fuel in the gas tank but it was driven 90 kilometers/56 miles trail riding from being topped off and i have a Skidoo REV SDI Gastank.

We had same problems with tunnel extensions, it will get extra heavy with just aluminium sheets and it still wont hold. We have used aluminium profiles inside the tunnel but there just wont fit strong enouh. Just bend rear bumper yourself and make it long enough to reach your running boards upper/lower contact point.

I have been searching for some aluminum for my tunnel to get it at a decent price and i think im getting Close now.

Yesterday i started to take apart the second tunnel.

All those little parts are quite spendy, I think I put over 300 euros to those clamps, pipes, hoses etc.. It is over 400 in USD. And always you need that size of hose, clamp or something that you dont have... How much you are going to take out of this? Nittiätta på tanken och 190 häster?

One of the good things to live here is to have McXpress just around the corner, the service is outstanding and Erik is really down to earth and always takes time to talk and give advise even when he knows im building my own kit and not buying it from them. He gave me a really good price on all of the items.
im going for a low boost kit 180/190hp and im thinking of running it in their dyno when finished.
i decided to try a china turbo to keep the costs down,we will se if it was a mistake...

Jakelfin said:
All those little parts are quite spendy, I think I put over 300 euros to those clamps, pipes, hoses etc.. It is over 400 in USD. And always you need that size of hose, clamp or something that you dont have... How much you are going to take out of this? Nittiätta på tanken och 190 häster?

Hey what Chinese turbo did you pick I have been looking at them or a Mitsubishi
t 16 Volvo one. For my home built 180 turbo nytro I plan on doing this summer

Back