• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

BETHEVIPER said:
the only problem I have found with this kit is that it doesn't fix the crapy bars on the 06 apexes. I need to redo the bars. Now the inside of my hand is scalding hot and my pinky is freezing.

bump again for a great product and a great seller to deal with.

Get the ones that are heated to the ends, (updated '06 on).
I have them and love them! :Rockon:

I have had them before, I dont like the tiny bar size. I'll make up a set next week. Plastic hooks in the ends, then a layer of heat shrink over the metal part of the bar to isolate the heat element from the steel. then heater and grip cover. cheaper than yamaha bars and they end up being thick like the 06 bar without the ice pinky.

Hey Rock, got my brother to buy a 08 Nytro FX, and he doesn't want cold hands, so I just ordered another of your boxes for him. Thanks again..............Brian

BETHEVIPER said:
I have had them before, I dont like the tiny bar size. I'll make up a set next week. Plastic hooks in the ends, then a layer of heat shrink over the metal part of the bar to isolate the heat element from the steel. then heater and grip cover. cheaper than yamaha bars and they end up being thick like the 06 bar without the ice pinky.

This kit by rock works... and it works best when you have the new bars.... in my eyes it has been the best fix to date.

Got RX wired up. Plug and play for the most part. Didn't have to cut the handlebar warmer wire already set up with plugs. So just tap the blue white connect the ground and Hot wire. I mounted the box on the steering brace in front of the tank. Wires worked out perfect length wise. Well thought out kit!

Now lets just say it works. Handle bars get warm real fast. I've never felt them this warm this fast. Now I need some real cold weather to test them out in.

I get the low idle red light on deal but only when I first start up and the motor is still a bit cold. Cold just after the warmup light goes out it will drop in idle to about a 1000 or just under. Once the sled has been run a bit and warmed up it idles close to 1400. Not a biggy once you understand whats going on. Bumped the idle up just a hair seems to do the trick.

But seriously the grips warm so fast that its almost fun to just hold the throttle on fast idle and smile as the warmers heat up.

Thanks Rock. Best mod yet!

BETHEVIPER said:
I have had them before, I don't like the tiny bar size. I'll make up a set next week. Plastic hooks in the ends, then a layer of heat shrink over the metal part of the bar to isolate the heat element from the steel. then heater and grip cover. cheaper than yamaha bars and they end up being thick like the 06 bar without the ice pinky.

Heyya Viper!
Like this idea, have thought about this before.
The current bars act as a large heatsink drawing heat away from the grips.
The exposed part of the bars lets the heat escape into the surrounding air also.
The bars do help to even out the heat a bit in the grips, but the losses get huge when it is cold.

Here are some replacement elements that will heat all the way to the ends of the hooks:
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... uId=595918
If you decide to get these let me know, would like to get some measurements from them.

With insulating between the bars (Cutting the thermal losses), and the Warm Hands Controller (Increasing the heating power), your grips should be about Fire Hot!
Might consider some cork between the bars and the heating elements, due to it being a better insulator and your wanting a larger diameter grip.

Rock :-o

rrxx-1 said:
Hey Rock, got my brother to buy a 08 Nytro FX, and he doesn't want cold hands, so I just ordered another of your boxes for him. Thanks again..............Brian

Shipped this morning! :-o

markddapexgt said:
Rock
Installed and works fantastic - many thanks !!!
Just to let everyone know that we are dealing with a great guy here. The first controller went missing in the mail and never arrived. Rock immediately sent me another unit express mail and has backed everything up with great communication. If the boys at Yamaha were even half as conscientious we would have the perfect sled.....but then what would we write about on TTY!!!
Pix and installation posted later after riding!!
Many Thanks
Mark

Glad ya like Mark! :Rockon:

A couple guys have said something about me getting them to them right away, or wondering where theirs is.
You guys are very welcome!

The way I see it, most of us work very hard for our money & our snowmobile time is limited, therefore getting value for our money, and getting our stuff right away is VERY important to us!

If you place an order & do not see it with-in a week, send me a PM right away, would rather make sure everything is right for you!

:-o

rockmeister said:
BETHEVIPER said:

Heyya Viper!
Like this idea, have thought a bit about this before.
The current bars act as a large heatsink drawing heat away from the grips.
The exposed part of the bars lets the heat escape into the surroundiung air also.
The bars do help to even out the heat a bit in the grips, but the losses get huge when it is cold.

Here are some replacement elements that will heat all the way to the ends of the hooks:
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... uId=595918
If you decide to get these let me know, would like to get some measurements from them.

With insulating between the bars (Cutting the thermal losses), and the Warm Hands Controller (Increasing the heating power), your grips should be about Fire Hot!
Might consider some cork between the bars and the heating elements, due to it being a better insulator and your wanting a larger diameter grip.

Rock :-o

Ill post the resistance for you. I have used the cheap spi style on a few versions and they are hot even the ones without the isolation.
Hugh has the scorching bars on his sled now. I evenused two heaters on each bar end because they were cheap, wanted to see how hot I could get the bars. I never hooked them up after using them with just one.

RacerDave said:
Rock, is that little LED plastic ferral available at Radio Shack? I lost it. RD

Hey Dave, The smaller original style one (1/4" mounting hole) you can get from Radio Shack, Part# 276-079.
The newer style (5/16" hole) you have to get from me, to get one free go here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=608430#608430

Hope this helps! :-o

I received my kit and installed it last night. I took my time and it was super easy. If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you that I am usually not allowed to work on my own sled.....so that should tell you that this kit was SUPER easy to install.

I fired her up and the grips were hot in a few minutes. We are going on a 1000 mile back pack trip in a few weeks, so that will be a good test.

I will keep you updated.

lucky_7 said:
I received my kit and installed it last night. I took my time and it was super easy. If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you that I am usually not allowed to work on my own sled.....so that should tell you that this kit was SUPER easy to install.
I fired her up and the grips were hot in a few minutes. We are going on a 1000 mile back pack trip in a few weeks, so that will be a good test.
I will keep you updated.

Thanks for letting us know Lucky! ;)!
You have me rolling about not usually being allowed to work on your sled... :-o

Have noticed something with mine and have had a few others tell me the same thing.

With the Controller my hands are nice and toasty now.
The funny part is, I would expect the thumbwarmer to FEEL colder since your hands are relatively warmer.

It has turned out the exact opposite.
My thumbwarmer gets toasty hot now!
And a few others have mentioned noticing it also.

I believe that it has something to do with the ECU programming.
Possibly the sled thinks the bars are off and allows more heat to the thumbwarmer.
Not complaining, as it has an awesome side benefit!

How many of you have noticed this effect or not noticed it?

Back