• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what is the advantages between the hygear triple vs the duo?

htlo1r

Veteran
Just wondering if I need the go the little extra for the triple rates or go with the double rates? what is the advantages to the triples?

ps "sj" has the set up for the xtx in stock form.

ONE THE MONEY< sj.

Thanks again!

no andy...I GAVE HIM the setup for his machine...he's now keeping it he likes it whereas before he didnt...

sj said:
no andy...I GAVE HIM the setup for his machine...he's now keeping it he likes it whereas before he didnt...

and what setup is that?

either way....he ...like me...and probably you ....doesnt want to spend the crazy money for suspension tweaks on a new sled...ski's ...okay...even valving if priced right sure...after that...it should all be adjustable on a sled with the shocks we have...

essentially...as you know...the shock valving and spring rates are bad...
the fronts set too stiff...
the center too weak IMHO.....
he removed all the compression and rebound out of all the shock settings( add some back in as needed a click at a time)...softest torsion....stiffened the center shock spring...and dialed in a bit of transfer....softened the front springs and added a set of skis... Viola~

my machine feels 50lbs lighter with this FWIW

sj you are right on the money... but now I want to be able to go even softer on the whole setup then be able to dial back in... right now it cant go any softer... like you said, for this season its good.

SJ:

Any chance you wanna start a new thread detailing the XTX setup that has worked so well? I've read multiple post of yours, and keep hearing positive things. Maybe even some pics in the mix of your setup instructions for slow people like me. :drink:

I also remember htlo1r talking about how horrible his Nytro was, and for some reason I almost think he mentioned selling it. If your setup can change his mind, I can only think it would help many of us get more enjoyment from our machines.

If it's popular enough, might even warrant as a sticky. Thanks ! :rocks:

Re: what is the advantages between the hygear triple vs the

htlo1r said:
Just wondering if I need the go the little extra for the triple rates or go with the double rates? what is the advantages to the triples?

ONE THE MONEY< sj.

Thanks again!

If you like you can read my review of the tripple rates I installed on my xtx

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#708164

Guys I cant even find an adjustment on my rear shock. I am a heavy guy at 295 and I bottom out of course on G Outs and big bumps. I just think it could be better with some adjustments for me. There is little to no transfer even though it is setup full transfer on stutter bumps it is really good drive faster they melt away. I just changed to Pilot 6.9s and cant wait to try it because the Tuners where so fricking heavy and still didnt hold a cornerr

ONE THE MONEY< sj.

Thanks again!

From what Hygear told me, the only difference between the triple rate & double rate is that the smallest spring on the triple can be/is used for ride height adjustment if desired, as it compresses rather easily. It's a negative preload spring. In other words, if you want to lower the front end a bit, the triple rate set allows you to do so. If you're fine with your front end height, then the doubles would give you the same performance for a bit less money. I didn't end up changing my front springs out, but I would have just went with the double rates myself.

Back