• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer ski spacers

SharkAttak

TY 4 Stroke God
anyone have a pic's of this how to do it? not sure what parts i need, can someone explain in detail, does it take away the tippyness?

These are the spacers set in wide position.Normally there is one each side of spindle.Mod is to put them both on the outside of spindle as shown leaving the small washer on the inside of spindle.This makes ski stance wider and your sled less tippy but probably leads to earlier wear of spindle bushings,joints etc. since more strain is on them.I have not noticed any abnormal wear in two years although my spindle bushings are wore others without mod also wear the bushings.

Attachments

• SkiSpacers.jpg
    SkiSpacers.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 258
Did you spin the rubber ski stopper around as well?

When I had stock skiis I spun the rubbers and shimmed them to get ski fronts to rest about 4inches up from the back of ski when skiis are off the ground.That helps darting mostly.Didnt notice much difference in handling other than it turned a bit harder and more linear.

Just do one thing at a time so you know whats needed and dont go backwards.Ski-Rubber is that black thing right under spindle.Only takes 5min each ski to do this.When doing it check for wear in the bushing in spindle also.

cannondale27 said:
Just do one thing at a time so you know whats needed and dont go backwards.Ski-Rubber is that black thing right under spindle.Only takes 5min each ski to do this.When doing it check for wear in the bushing in spindle also.

got it, thanks ;)!

cannondale27 said:
How are your bushings in spindle where the bolt goes through?

there fine, i got the sled for my wife, she babies it, she just didn't like the tippy feeling, i was going to get rid of it and get the doo 4-stroke but i think this might solve the problem

It sure helps.If your wife is not complaining about darting then I wouldnt worry about shimming the ski rubbers since when shimmed it also makes the steering a little harder.Pilots are like putting powersteering on but do push in powder but dont dart.

One other thing that I havent tried personally is to clock the aluminum arms the rear suspension rear upper arm is attached to.You would move it one spline to lower the rear suspension.I have never done this because I often jump mine but if not being ridden aggressively would be something else to try.

cannondale27 said:
It sure helps.If your wife is not complaining about darting then I wouldnt worry about shimming the ski rubbers since when shimmed it also makes the steering a little harder.Pilots are like putting powersteering on but do push in powder but dont dart.

One other thing that I havent tried personally is to clock the aluminum arms the rear suspension rear upper arm is attached to.You would move it one spline to lower the rear suspension.I have never done this because I often jump mine but if not being ridden aggressively would be something else to try.

if you put pilots on, you have to change the rubbers right? do you have the part #?

No I dont but they were from SkiDoo ZX chassis.You can also use slydogs but you have to put about a 1/4in spacer plate under them or they arent doing anything.

tHE SPACER PLATE YOU ARE REFERRING TO CANNONDALE, DOES THIS HAVE TO BE TAPERED? OR JUST ANY OLD PIECE OF 1/4" THICK PLASTIC?
i HAVE SLYDOGS AND i AM WONDERING IF THIS WOULD HELP EASE THE DARTING ISSUES...THAT AND FLIPPING THE RUBBERS AROUND.

Back