• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer ski spacers

So moving the wider spacer to the outside would be like putting wheel spacers on your car or truck to improve stance or change bolt patterns, but what people don't think about is the extra leverage puts more stress on the unit bearings. It is just like a lever but the fulcrum is not in the middle.

No doubt true but even stock the bushings wear very fast till you get UP Bushmans kit.Benefit is well worth it for widening and UP's kit.

Curious what actually is supposed to pivot on the ski's? I had to cut the bolt out of one of mine today. One ski is pivoting on the tophat inserts on the outside. The other one was pivoting on the bolt. This is a new to me sled so i am not that familar with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind, I figured it out. My bolts were rusted to the sleeve and the spacers. Sleeve was rusted to the bushings that are press fit into the spindle. Took a lot of heat and a press to get them out.

Last edited:
Ideally the long inner sleeve is suppose to pivot in the bushings. After 3 years mine did the same as your did, now I disassemble and grease all the spindle/ski parts every year!

I recently purchased this sled for my wife. It was that way when i got it. Im machining up all new parts for it now. So im going thru the sled to take of the lack of maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I recently purchased this sled for my wife. It was that way when i got it. Im machining up all new parts for it now. So im going thru the sled to take of the lack of maintenance.

If you are machining them install grease fittings for everything also. Helps alot.

Yea thats the game plan. I am using thicker bushings so i will need to enlarge the spindle holes slightly. They are pretty corroded and need cleaned up anyways. Technically the PTFE bushings do not need lubrication however the 5/8 TGP rod will rust and the grease will prevent that.

Yea thats the game plan. I am using thicker bushings so i will need to enlarge the spindle holes slightly. They are pretty corroded and need cleaned up anyways. Technically the PTFE bushings do not need lubrication however the 5/8 TGP rod will rust and the grease will prevent that.

Be careful with that. Not much material there to begin with and failure there almost always ends very badly.

Back