• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My 136 Conversion and Track Cutting. Updated for 2011

LEE337

VIP Member
I have been on this site for a few months and finally got all me parts to start on my track conversion. So here is the start.

For the track cutting i removed the legs from the table saw and ancored it to two saw horses. This was done with a large rachet strap and two c-clamps.

I then bolted a 3/4" thick by 2" wide board over the blade and to the table. I used a exsisting tapped hole in the table and used a countersink to recess the head of the bolt. This was done with the blade cranked all the way down. Then the turn the saw on and crand it up to cut a slot through the board. The board is to support the outer edge of the track during cutting.

Now we set the fence, lowered the blade level with the top of the board and looped the track around the saw.

We then slowly raised the blade and cut the track (1/4" off each side). It took two people to feed the track in and one to help it pull smoothly off the back.

Success! Once it was setup it only took about 15 - 20 minutes.

Here are the before Pics!

How it sits now. The front bumper, spindles and rails are off to be powder coated black. Hopefully get them back in the next couple days.

Yes.Nicely done.Looks about as safe as it could get.Probably straighter also since you are using inside of track.Sure like the orange on Phazers also.Nice job!

I can't wait to see the rails when they are done. Mine are currently at the powdercoaters along with most of my front end getting coated in black. It seems like everyone has a slightly different way of cutting there track. Great job!

so when does the line start for everyone else to get there tracks done?
good right up.

very jealous of your garage.

Bring them on over! Ha yeah i'm jealous of that shop too, its the girlfriend's dad's. O well at least he lets me use it like its my own.

I got the parts back from powdercoat this morning. I'll get some pics up in a bit.

Here are the parts. The extensions are from OFT Racing. Just need to put in the stainless fasteners and they'll be ready to install!

Kit car is a Lambo he is building from the ground up.

I added some grease zerks to the bottom of the spindles.

drill right up from the bottom?

almost looks like a sleeve in there.

good thinking.

Back