• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak will not start & codes?

Well.. Got my new stator today and not very happy right now... before i installed it i figured i would check the resistance on the pickup and got 190 ohms my specs are 445-545 ohms.
The specs for the RX-1 (carb) are Pickup coil resistance:
(Gray – Black)
189  231 Ω at 20C (68F)
Stator coil resistance:
(White – White)
0.19  0.24 Ω at 20C (68F)

I don,t think i will be putting this one in eh???, looks like its for the carb version...

Injected
Crankshaft position sensor
resistance
445 ~ 545 Ω at 20°C (68°F)

I may have posted the specs wrong somehow. Looking at the Apex Attak specs
2006-2010 189-231 ohms. for the pickup coil These PDF manuals are not real clear as to
which manual they take you to when you type in a search. I can only say
for sure this time it says Apex Attak RTX 2006-2010.pdf at the top of the
page.

Looking at the manual again I found this:

Attachments

• page 73.jpg
    page 73.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 103
  • page 8-5.jpg
    page 8-5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 102
They are using the same gray/blk wires and the same location for seemingly two different parts?

Ya I have the same manual and from what i understand is the last SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICE MANUAL section is for the FI models which is 445-545 Ohms and the lower 189-230 numbers are for the carb models.

So i believe you gave me the right specs

The way it was explained to me was the manual was created for the RX1 and then any time there was a major change or update or new similar model they added a SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICE MANUAL section to cover it.
Correct me if im wrong but that's how it looks to me also.

If you look down close to the bottom of that 8-5 page you will see the p/n for spark plugs CR9E which are for the carb models and they go into detail with jetting and with carbs in that manual etc.

Talked to my local Yamaha mechanic and he said NOT to install it and to call him at work in the morning and he will get me set up with the proper assembly.

Yes, I got it straight now. The 2005 on back uses
a cdi, and has no item called a crank position sensor,
just the Pick up coil for the cdi. Not saying I understand the renaming of it by yamaha. The computer in the newer bikes must a true ecm like in
a car and the older ones were not?
In any case they did change the specs on the pick up
coil/ crank sensor in 2006.

Correct... So spoke with the dealer today and they are returning the after market stator they sold me and ordering me a genuine yamaha, should be here wednesday. Glad the snow is gone or i would be sour.

Picked up new stator today everything measures as it should, probably put it in on the weekend, for anyone replacing the stator in their apex/ attak go yamaha.

Finally found the time to get the stator changed out, running great... thanks to everyone for the help.

Back