• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the spec adjustment on the exup valve

I've done it. It's an involved process which requires pulling the seat, loosening the gas tank, exposing the EXUP, and getting into the diagnostic mode in the display. I'm currently at work so I don't have the service manual details in front of me. I may be able to scan it tomorrow and post it in a reply.

Jon

EXUP adjustment with Diagnostic Mode information....more to follow. Sorry, the attachments are out of order: Should read EXUP page 1 thru 3.

jf

Attachments

• EXUP page 1.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 489
  • EXUP page 2.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 383
  • EXUP page 3.pdf
    10.1 KB · Views: 476
continued.....and out of order as well. Diagnostic Mode 1 thru 3. Page 3 (refer to d53 for the code explanation).

Attachments

• EXUP Diag mode page 1.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 332
  • EXUP Diag mode page 2.pdf
    8.1 KB · Views: 346
  • EXUP Diag mode page 3.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 333
blue rider said:
Has anyone checked the exup spec. and what should i look for when verifying?

Just curious why there is a need to fool with the exup already?
You guys have trouble with them?

No problems, just would like to verify the correct setting of the valve. No different then calibrating the power valves on the 2s.

iahacker said:
blue rider said:
Has anyone checked the exup spec. and what should i look for when verifying?

Just curious why there is a need to fool with the exup already?
You guys have trouble with them?

Mine needed adjusting to put it back in spec. Plus, it's a good item to check during summerization.

Jon

Jim,

Follow the steps outlined in the attachments above labeled, "Diagnostic Mode." You should see three pages; last page is a page of codes... (53) is the one you want to enter into the display. One your display shows 53, use the grip warmer to actuate the EXUP valve (it cycles through its full motion). This will tell you if it's within spec.

Jon

Unfortunately, no. You'll be unable to see the identification marks in relation to where the bellcrank is positioned once the test is complete. You could simply run the diagnostic and listen to see that it's working, but you'll really gain nothing from it.

Honestly, removing the seat, gas shroud, loosening the gas tank and propping it up to access the panel for the EXUP......and then removing that metal panel on the tunnel to access the EXUP is all that's needed. Oh, you do have to remove the right side panel to have access to the EXUP cables just in case you have to make an adjustment. This process of taking everything off and installing it again shouldn't take more than and hour.

jf

checked my exup position, at throttle on it was in a position that I was almost a notch to the right of the hole that you use to line it up. adjust the cables accordingly and used diagnostic mode. when in that mode i go to 208-201 and then when it closes down to 0 on the dash. can anyone confirm this is what theyre seeing when it is adjusted? when i get out of diag mode and turn key on the slot and bolt hole are even perfectly.

where the kilometeres are displayed in diagnostic mode its sitting in position "55" it opens to 205 and settles to 199. It then closes to 0. When I cycle the key the position slot is even with the bolt hole compared to how it first looked with it almost being out an entire slot to the rear of the sled. To anyone with experience working on exup did you have these findings?

Back