• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TECH TIP: Adjusting GYTR Dual-Clicker shocks

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Saw this on Facebook Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA

The standard setting of GYTR shocks on the FX Nytro and FX Nytro XTX is 6 clicks out for compression and 11 clicks out for rebound; however, both settings are widely adjustable to suit your ride preference. Compression and rebound dials should be adjusted separately-- only1-2 clicks at a time-- until you find a setting you like.

It really is amazing how a few clicks can make such a difference.
I think most people , my self included, kind of forget this when out riding. Trail conditions change throughout the day so don't be afraid to pull over and make a few changes.

:rocks:

MrSled said:
Saw this on Facebook Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA

The standard setting of GYTR shocks on the FX Nytro and FX Nytro XTX is 6 clicks out for compression and 11 clicks out for rebound; however, both settings are widely adjustable to suit your ride preference. Compression and rebound dials should be adjusted separately-- only1-2 clicks at a time-- until you find a setting you like.

When you say out...what exactly do you mean? Sorry mine ive left at the stock setting, and any explanation as to what they do when adjusted would be appreciated!!!

The term out is from tight (not over tight but when it stops turning clockwise) . 6 turns out would be 6 clicks counterclockwise. You can feel the clicks as you turn them. Make sure they are the same on both sides.

And with x turns out, I guess that means you first turn it all the way in clockwise, until you can't turn anymore, right? And out is then counterclockwise until you're satisfied?

And what does the shock do when you turn compression and rebound out, from all the way in?

Compression all the way in (clockwise) = no compression at all, i.e. soft damping? Or opposite, i.e. firm/stiff damping?

Rebound all the way in (clockwise) = fast rebound, i.e. the shock returns to full stroke quicker? Or opposite, i.e. slow rebound?

My Rock Shox fork on my mountain bike has turtle and rabbit signs to show which way to turn the dials. Trying to read up on how suspensions works :Rockon: ;)!

Compression: All the way in would be harder or more force to compress... harder it will stroke less or be firmer.

Rebound: All the way in would be firmer as well or it will return slower... so if you want it to return quicker you want to soften the rebound.

The more you turn the knob in the more you close the valve and that will restrict fluid movement.

A few more questions :o|

When someone says increase rebound = turn out / counterclockwise the rebound dial = faster rebound

and

reduce rebound = turn in / clockwise the rebound dial = slower rebound

Increase compression = turn in / clockwise compression dial = firmer damping

and

Reduce compression = turn out / counterclockwise compression dial = softer damping

Right? :Rockon:

birkebeiner said:
A few more questions :o|

When someone says increase rebound = turn out / counterclockwise the rebound dial = faster rebound

and

reduce rebound = turn in / clockwise the rebound dial = slower rebound

Increase compression = turn in / clockwise compression dial = firmer damping

and

Reduce compression = turn out / counterclockwise compression dial = softer damping

Right? :Rockon:

Correct!!

redrx1rkt said:
The question is - which dial is the compression, which is the rebound???? (from left side of sled, on knees, looking at skid)

Compression dial is almost always on the remote can and if it has rebound adjuster it will be at the base of the shock.

redrx1rkt said:
Base of the check? You mean at the bottom of the shock (closest to ground)?

BTW, thanks for responding so quickly!

Yes, you are correct... fixed my fat finger error.