• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

steering oil lite bushings

rambunctious

Veteran
there was a company selling replacement bushings to reduce teh steering effort. but last year they were unavailable

anyone know where I can get these. steering is really stiff on my 06 now.

Ramb

Are you thinking of OFT. They have str bushings kits to remove the slop, but actually some people have complained that they increase steering effort. I plan on ordering and installing a set next summer.

I can tell you that a little grease in all the steering bushings will make the bars turn easier

I just had the OFT bushings installed. Took out almost all of the slop. They are about $40 each. Worth every penny.

In how many places are the OFT bushings used? I see potentail slop under the gas tank and in two spots along the frame rail.

I am installing Ulmers oillite bushings in my front end including the ski's but I think that the steering linkage needs help as well.

SXlover said:
OFT Racing sells them, have them on my 08 Mtn and really like them

Ya, the OFT ones are awesome, really reduce steering slop in the sled. Highly recommended. But they don't reduce steering effort at all.

Without removing the tank I can see the lower one on the vertical shaft (pic 1054) and two on the horizontal shaft (pics 1055 & 1056).

I am assuming that there is one higher up on the vertical shaft. If there is only one for the horizontal shaft is it the one in pic 1055 or 1056? Do you not need to do both on the horizontal shaft?

Attachments

• DSC01054.JPG
    DSC01054.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC01055.JPG
    DSC01055.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC01056.JPG
    DSC01056.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 180
On the Apex there are 3. Two on vertical shaft:
2796061d.jpg

2a48f0bb.jpg

And one on horizontal shaft right behind oil tank:
59ec28a5.jpg

Highly recommended you replace all three steering bushings. I have on both my Apexes, the pics i just took replacing these on my MTX.

On my Attak I replaced them before. I even replaced a section of steering linkage and three couplings this past summer also, but I confess I am anal about steering slop and wanted it all gone. The OFT ones really work and are awesome.

The front end also has alot of play in it, and a guy can replace the bushings in the front end with Ulmer's Oillite bushings, as they reduce the play in the front end.

Super Sled,

You are really quick. Please see my above post right before yours regarding the bushing that is not offered by OFT and why.

OFT says on the website that these never need lube yet I see lube on yours.

To finish my thoughts on this, you can swap out a lot of parts and minimize the slop and play a lot. But you'll never get all the slop and play 100% gone from the front end of the sled, there will always be some. But you can get 98++% of it gone.

Blue Dave said:
I went to the OFT Racing website.

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore/index. ... ucts_id=93

Looks like they are $40.95 each and I will need three. It does not look like they have anything for the bushing mount in my attached pic DSC01055.JPG

Is this bushing not an issue?

Yamaha is the only the only one that makes that one, its a nylon bushing and it seems to be the one with the most play.

Back