• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is there a 2020 Viper Tune ?

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
Hello TY,

My sled has had a bad year so far. With having a cracked inner case to a now cracked oil tank after getting it back from the first warranty job. Dealer says there are no oil tanks available from Yamaha. Go figure. But he assures me he is going to try and get one ASAP. I'm sure Cat has them in stock. Same part just different dealer name. Anyways while it was there one of the techs asked me if my Viper was tuned? As far as I know there is no tune the 2020 Vipers. Or is there? Can anyone shed some light on this please. The dealers techs are starting to make me wonder how good they really are. I had to show them where the crack was on the oil tank.

JB-Weld will get you by 'till your tank comes in.

There are no 'performance' tunes that I'm aware of.
If a dealer runs the VIN, they'll know if it's the newest software version.
So, given that, I have no idea why he would ask you....?

There are no 'performance' tunes that I'm aware of.
If a dealer runs the VIN, they'll know if it's the newest software version.
So, given that, I have no idea why he would ask you....?
I didn't think there was or it would be all over this site.

there was an aftermarket tune for vipers pre sidewinder but the company that did them discontinued it.

Was it Dynojet? Or someone else? Anyone have information on them? I tried Dynojet and can not find one for the 2020 Viper

EVO had a tune. Dynojet also used to offer a piggyback tuner supported with tunes from Ulmer,Hurricane and others.

I reached out to Ulmer to see what he had. He's checking on a Dynojet tuner I believe. Just waiting to hear back from. Him on price and availability

Back