• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temp Gage Install

Two years ago I installed an Auto Meter Temp Gage on the Nytro. I have been very happy with it, so I just did a similar install on my wife's Phazer GT. The green LED to the right of the gage comes on when the radiator fan runs.

Attachments

• PC310004.JPG
    PC310004.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 278

Very nice. I had originally mounted my digital temp gauge in the same location but made a bracket out of angle aluminum to move it down and to the side. Its vibrates less and easier to see for me. I too have a green indicator light tells me when the fan kicks in.

Attachments

• P1050645.jpg
    P1050645.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 314
I installed a GloShift digital temp gauge (metric - http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/blue-dig ... gauge.aspx). I installed the T-adapter from Ulmer Racing into the coolant hose behind the radiator. The gauge gets power from the 12 volt accessory wire.

Here is a picture of the installed T adapter.

Attachments

• Coolant adapter.jpg
    Coolant adapter.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 315
Cubby said:
I installed a GloShift digital temp gauge (metric). I installed the T-adapter from Ulmer Racing into the coolant hose behind the radiator. The gauge gets power from the 12 volt accessory wire.
I used the hose that runs from the thermostat housing to the top of the radiator. It's a little tight, but doable with care.

What about the light for the fan?

I was always curious what temp there sled run at and when does the fan kick in?

My sled usually runs around the the mid 60's C. When it starts getting into the 70's i know the front heat exchanger is plugged with slush.

I know the temp light on the speedo comes on around 104 C. The fan usually kicks it around the mid to high 70 C on my sled and turns off when it cools down to low 60 C.

The fan light is just a LED with the positive wire hooked up to the positive wire on the fan (blue) and the negative attached to the frame.

This is a great post guys, I think this should be added to the FAQ if at all possible.

On both of my sleds the fan comes on at about 190, then cuts off when it goes down to 180.

The Nytro is much more prone to overheating, so I added a bypass switch so I can run the fan when I want to so as to prevent it from going up over 180. I also have Slidekicks scratchers mounted to the skis on the Nytro. Between the scratchers and the fan switch, my overheating problems have been cured. I have not had any overheating on the Phazer. I just like being able to see what it's doing.

Added it to FAQ.Nice job Old Thumper!

If you guys see anything else that should be added be sure to point it out.

Back