• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel pump relay freeze up

Yama 1000

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper LTX DX
Last night i left my sled outside at the hotel it was -7 degrees out. This morning when i went to start my sled i turned the key and i did not hear the fuel pump. So i suspected it was my fuel pump relay because my sled was showing error code 43. So i warmed up the relay and the error code went away and the sled started. Is there an updated relay or should i buy a new relay any info would help please. I have a 2011 nytro. :rocks:

I think you probably have the updated one. Pop it out and put some dielectric grease on the connection, bye a spare and carry it with you.

I had same thing on two xtx just thought pump was iced up. dumped a bottle of dry gas in and waited a while and started

Mine did it too this week, and i have the updated one. Took out a propane torch and warmed all 4 of the relays up front under the hood since I couldn't remember which one it was. Started right up

My 08 nytro is sitting outside at -31c and starts like a champ,you must be getting some moisture and then it freezes the contacts.Use the dielectric grease to stop the moisture problem.

Even with dielectric it can still happen. Once they get moisture internally it usually doesnt go away. Sometimes its best just to get a new one. If your out riding and run into this, you can just swap relays with a headlight relay and go about your day.

Bought updated relays(make sure you get new stock)for both my Nytro and Phazer when they wouldn't start , now no problems even at -30c here in Manitoba.

Lee Rivers said:
Bought updated relays(make sure you get new stock)for both my Nytro and Phazer when they wouldn't start , now no problems even at -30c here in Manitoba.

How do you tell if it is new stock? Is there a date code or something?

I believe the freezing issues is just as big on the updated relays as on the original 08 relays.
I also seem to remember that the 2011 and newer relays needs a adapter to fit the previous models.

My fuel relay freeze once or twice per season. I have about 12'000 kms on it, and its not going anywhere.

well i either had water in the gas or relay freeze up last week on same morning with a 2010 and 2011

Last week my nytro xtx started and then I let it sit for about 15 minutes then I went to go and start it again, and it didn't start.. The code 43 popped up, and so I tried again and it started. But for about 5 minutes all of my electrical went out. All of my lights, my dash worked but the warning lights under didn't work. Then after 5 minutes they all came on.... I have the updated relay and carry the old one with me, but CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHATS DOING THIS??? Thanks for the help!! :yam:

09 nytro xtx
Skinz Utra Q
Ultra Plate
Rox 2in riser
Yamaheater with boost

Guys I had the same problem on my 2010 last trip along with a 2013 1.75 Nytro so they still never fixed it. i went back to the dealer and said there's nothing they can do since Yamaha is not manufacturing a relay that don't freeze up. But he provided me with a soluction which was a polaris relay part # 4011998 which I now installed in replacement for the yamaha fuel pump relay.

Never used the sled since so i'm not sure if this will fix it but I thinking it will.

did the dealer say that relay was a sure fix?

Back