• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

About that new Viper Exhaust. . .

minks_698

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper MTX 141
Just by looking at the pictures of the stripped Viper chassis and close up on the exhaust, it could actually be an improvement on the current design. We all know the current Nytro headpipe leaves 6 hp or so on the table by 'necking down' after the 3-1 collector before the muffler. This new design appears to properly 'step' up, increasing in diameter before entering the new muffler.
Maybe it will make 140 hp afterall???
Either way, I can't stand everybody's negativity towards these new models! This is the best thing for Yam fans since . . . well 2008. I can't wait to ride one!

F7 Racer said:
Why no H.P. numbers or weight numbers.......... ? ?

Maybe it's because there down and up in that order of your question......I hope not i'm really liking this thing!

minks_698 said:
Just by looking at the pictures of the stripped Viper chassis and close up on the exhaust, it could actually be an improvement on the current design. We all know the current Nytro headpipe leaves 6 hp or so on the table by 'necking down' after the 3-1 collector before the muffler. This new design appears to properly 'step' up, increasing in diameter before entering the new muffler.
Either way, I can't stand everybody's negativity towards these new models! This is the best thing for Yam fans since . . . well 2008. I can't wait to ride one!

I am with you can't wait to pick one up

minks_698 said:
Please Yamaha have that exhaust made out of "" STAINLESS STEEL "" not titanium. If I want to save 3lbs I'll have the salad and skip the bacon double cheesbuger. :rofl: :rofl:

quote] Please Yamaha have that exhaust made out of "" STAINLESS STEEL "" not titanium. If I want to save 3lbs I'll have the salad and skip the bacon double cheesbuger. :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

They listened, the exhaust is stainless steel. I wasn't expecting titanium given the cost of it.
Good news is, no more DONUT gasket replacements every 3k miles!

minks_698 said:
quote] Please Yamaha have that exhaust made out of "" STAINLESS STEEL "" not titanium. If I want to save 3lbs I'll have the salad and skip the bacon double cheesbuger. :rofl: :rofl:

They listened, the exhaust is stainless steel. I wasn't expecting titanium given the cost of it.
Good news is, no more DONUT gasket replacements every 3k miles![/quote] "" THANK YOU YAMAHA"" :Rockon:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJDYE-8ydmlv6BP4hSKd-+!~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqJHJDYE-8ydmlv6BP4hSKd-+!~~60_35.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,234
vodoo child said:
minks_698 said:
Please Yamaha have that exhaust made out of "" STAINLESS STEEL "" not titanium. If I want to save 3lbs I'll have the salad and skip the bacon double cheesbuger. :rofl: :rofl:

vodoo child said:
minks_698 said:

Anyone notice also that in the pics of the chassis with the muffler installed that there appears to be an fitting for an oxygen sensor. Never had one of those on any Yamaha 4 stroke b4. Could be all new engine management system.

Back