• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper LTX weight

sk-rx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Got a Yamaha spec sheet for an LTX. Viper LTX is listed as 531 dry, 611 wet, both are said to be "approximate". I believe my Apex is like 702 wet weight. Pretty consistent with what D&D posted earlier.

Weighed mine today using a bathroom scale and blocks to keep sled level at all times. Fuel tank shows 1/2 full, weight = 585 lbs. Seemed reasonable.
Real reason for weighing was to determine if the weight was balanced on front.
Weights: Track under front of rear shock 320 lbs., left ski 123 lbs., right ski 142lbs.= 585lbs. 19 lbs. heavier on right.
Both my 06 Rage had more weight and wear on the right slide, upon installing new slides was able to balance wear by increasing spring pressure on right ski. Did not seem to affect handling.
Appears this may be required to balance slide wear on Viper LTX.

That is a huge difference in right side weight. How do you accomplish the same using FOX FLOATS? Thanks

Shane said:
That is a huge difference in right side weight. How do you accomplish the same using FOX FLOATS? Thanks
Not sure what you would do with Floats.
I will take slide wear measurements often to determine if I need to alter spring pressures before slides get to uneven..

You can run a few more pounds of air on one side, I did this all the time on my Nytro. What I did was pick up the back of the sled at the center point of the rear bumper. Then checked to see if the front shocks compressed at the same time and travel amount as the weight of the sled was transfering to the front suspension. An easy way to check front shock travel is to attach zip ties to the shock body or shaft.
On my XTX normally the right front would start to compress first and slightly farther. So in this case I added 4-5 psi to the RF shock until they compressed at the same rate.

Bill

bottlerocket said:
Check your bathroom scales as 585 seems optimistic.

It could be out a bit, but weighs me pretty close. I was mostly interested in finding out how well the engine and components weight were centered. Will see how it handles with everything even and the adj. while checking slide wear. Likely take one set of slides to get it right.

Yes maybe the wife adjusted "0" for better results :jump:

we used to weigh race cars the same way and it was nearly right on everytime and most bath scales are pretty close. This result comes near the post put on by D&D earlier so I would say its as close to accurate your gonna get.

Well to me it doesn't much matter if I stick it it could weigh 350 #'s I still cannot get it out :o|

The Rush's I have been on are on the south side of 500# wet and when I ride alone and stick it I am walking anyhow!

Back