• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

p1338 engine code safe to run?

mn.vipernut

Veteran
Just got off the viper what on earth is a crankshaft spike? Riding in the wet stuff up pops the code hope is not crank bouncing around in the bearings.

Look up OBD code p1338 is related to crankshaft position sensor. Could be a sensor issue, highly unlikely the timing chain has skipped or stretched enough to st off he code on a new engine. What were you doing just B4 the code popped?

OBD codes are standardized codes used across industry, they give you a starting place to troubleshoot.

You can look them up on the net.

roll over

09nytro said:
Wonder what caused that to happen !
Isn"t this the same guy that rolled his sled twice. Could that have anything to do with it. Sorry if it wasn"t you.

Same guy, not sure LOL is appropriate. But I was riding layed to far over on the flat to the left side put it back on it's feet accelerated. ..code flash. If you are having fun riding aggressively this thing is going to go over and this whole notion of the oil not sumping is going to be problematic

Your right ! That's going to be a problem for sure , I like to play around off trail as do most others and if you can't lay it over on its side with out a code coming up than why get the sled
Hope yamaha comes up with a fix!

Tell the dealer because this is the first time I've heard of this so if you don't tell they won't know. You need to describe the circumstances also including how long it was on the side and how long it was upright before you accelerated away so they can reproduce the incident if necessary.

They could come back and tell you the sensor is bad and to get it replaced which is a possibility.

TestMaster said:
Tell the dealer because this is the first time I've heard of this so if you don't tell they won't know. You need to describe the circumstances also including how long it was on the side and how long it was upright before you accelerated away so they can reproduce the incident if necessary.

They could come back and tell you the sensor is bad and to get it replaced which is a possibility.

Perfectly said TM ;)!

Back