• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RELAY AND FUSE BLOCK

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Since they decided to not mark them visibly till you remove the relays. Thought this pic of what they are would be handy in future if one were to go bad. Left lower pin has power all the time on each relay.

Attachments

• DSC00542 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00542 (Medium).JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 17,746

Awesome, thanks!!

Guy might be able to do it by feel with this picture but its in back of coolant bottle and easiest access would be with hood off. I have reached in there and poped off cover without hood off though. Would be worth a try if fuse blown on trail.

The mechanical relay being used is "Flux sealed" but there is an option in this series for "Sealed type washable" which I would think is more suitable for snowmobile use. The relays being used in the Viper have a manufacture's part number 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc for the "Flux sealed" and if you replace The -C- with -S- so the part number is 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc then you get the "Sealed type washable".

The shift relays are a single pole double throw unlike the other five in the fuse box that are single throw. The two shift relays are larger rectangular shape with 5 terminals so they can't be interchanged with the other square 4 terminal relays. The OEM relays come as "Flux Sealed" and can be replaced with relays that rated as "Washable".

Square relays, 4 terminal:
ISC (main relay)
Fuel
Fan
Headlight
Tail (lighting relay)

Original Part# (flux sealed): 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc
Replacement Part# (washable sealed): 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...lGo6lFOYUsTYwbpP89ku/7wyBpVWigJQObwg6RppX8prP

Rectangle relays, 5 terminals:
Forward shift
Reverse shift

Original Part# (flux sealed): 301-1C-C-R1- U01-12VDC
Replacement Part# (washable sealed): 301-1C-S-R1-12VDC
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...3cc0Vh3MFi1ipUOIJJiF8hmNpWu1nmLOPAyswUIIcQg==

Last edited:
The mechanical relay being used is "Flux sealed" but there is an option in this series for "Sealed type washable" which I would think is more suitable for snowmobile use. The relays being used in the Viper have a manufacture's part number 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc for the "Flux sealed" and if you replace The -C- with -S- so the part number is 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc then you get the "Sealed type washable". There are 5 off these relays that can be replaced in the Viper.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Song-Chuan/303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc?qs=/ha2pyFadugdNzxK4V0lGo6lFOYUsTYwbpP89ku/7wyBpVWigJQObwg6RppX8prP
Would you replace all at once with the sealed type?

Yes, replace all five of the smaller 4 pin relays. These sleds actually need 3 of those relays to even run.

Yes, replace all five of the smaller 4 pin relays. These sleds actually need 3 of those relays to even run.
ordered from my dads work. Order everything plus a spare of each. Came out to like 20$ from my dad's work. Thanks for the info! I'll keep you updated if my issues go away for the ride this weekend!

My dealer is replacing the relays with Polaris solid state relays have not seen it myself when I got my reflash they where talking about it they say they plug right in

The mechanical relay being used is "Flux sealed" but there is an option in this series for "Sealed type washable" which I would think is more suitable for snowmobile use. The relays being used in the Viper have a manufacture's part number 303-1AH-C-R1-12vdc for the "Flux sealed" and if you replace The -C- with -S- so the part number is 303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc then you get the "Sealed type washable". There are 5 off these relays that can be replaced in the Viper.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Song-Chuan/303-1AH-S-R1-12vdc?qs=/ha2pyFadugdNzxK4V0lGo6lFOYUsTYwbpP89ku/7wyBpVWigJQObwg6RppX8prP

Fantastic info - thanks. Dealer gets $21/relay and mouser has a better one for only $3/relay. WAAAYY better!!

Back