• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail Stiffeners

Gabenator

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2002 Sx Viper
2009 Nytro XTX MCX
2015 SR Viper XTX MCX
Talkin with my mechanic buddy at the local Yamaha Dealer and he advised me to install rail stiffeners on my Viper.He knows how I ride and said that there have been some issues with the rails bowing out on the cats if you like to jump alot. $50 for the kit from AC , seems like a small price to pay as opposed to bent rails!
Everyone knows how they like to ride so you can decide from here if you need them.

Yeah, they have them for the 141" skids, not the 137 or 128's. Rails are drilled for them and everything. It's a quick install. Cheap insurance IMO. They come standard on the Cat HCR's.

Nytro40th said:
I ordered the toe gussets for my sled.

What is a toe gusset? What does it do, protect, or improve?

Thanks Cory!

fracwiz said:
Does anyone have the part number for the AC rail stiffener? My local dealer couldn't find anything in the catalog.

Haven't had the opportunity to see if our rail stiffeners will fit the Cat suspension yet. But we do have rail stiffeners as part of our product line. They were even used on a few of the cross country race sleds last year. Check out our website for details.

TestMaster said:
Nytro40th said:
I ordered the toe gussets for my sled.

What is a toe gusset? What does it do, protect, or improve?

Thanks Cory!
They mount to the side of the floor board where your foot is positioned. I have them but have not installed them yet, to busy riding lol

Attachments

• 2013-Arctic-Cat-Sno-Pro_Side.jpg
    2013-Arctic-Cat-Sno-Pro_Side.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 630
Yukon if you mean me, I have an rtx. 4706-510 Gusset, Toe Stop - Right 4706-511 Gusset, Toe Stop - Left , 19.51 each plus hardware, but you can use your own rivets and existing hardware that is on the cross member I believe.

The rail stiffeners from the HCR that beef up the top of the rail where the front suspension arm mounts (on the XTX) fit perfectly. You'll also notice the long brace we fabbed up and bolted (existing holes) to the outside of the rail. There is also a whole lot of additional gusseting and welding on here that you can't see, along with Larson 4th wheel kit and anti stab and the Dupont slides. This setup is still in testing stages to see if it's as solid as the Ice Age rails that I can't afford yet!! Elka Stage 5's will be valved/built very soon. I may order the toe brace kit too. Think it adds much overall strength??

Attachments

• IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0054 (Medium).JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 619
Biglandrider said:
The rail stiffeners from the HCR that beef up the top of the rail where the front suspension arm mounts (on the XTX) fit perfectly. You'll also notice the long brace we fabbed up and bolted (existing holes) to the outside of the rail. There is also a whole lot of additional gusseting and welding on here that you can't see, along with Larson 4th wheel kit and anti stab and the Dupont slides. This setup is still in testing stages to see if it's as solid as the Ice Age rails that I can't afford yet!! Elka Stage 5's will be valved/built very soon. I may order the toe brace kit too. Think it adds much overall strength??
All the cat sno x sleds run the toe gussets from what I have seen in races. Must add some support for high jumps and landings.

I may have to look into those stiffeners, looks like a good option. A little more weight will not matter as I dropped over 11 lbs replacing my battery lol

Back