• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex and Attak performance clutch kits!!

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Apex Stage 1
-Super Tip Weights
-Setup to your rider weight, track profile, and riding style this is a great step in performance for your Apex or Attak sled. It offers good adjustabilityand better than stock low and midrange acceleration and excellent backshift while still maintaining a great low speed drivability!
-$264

Attak Stage 1
-Primary Spring
-Super Tip Weights
-Secondary Spring
-Setup to your rider weight, track profile, and riding style this is a great step in performance for your Apex or Attak sled. It offers good adjustabilityand better than stock low and midrange acceleration and excellent backshift while still maintaining a great low speed drivability!
-$289

Apex & Attak Stage 2
-Primary Spring
-Super Tip Weights
-Secondary Spring
-Custom Cut Helix
-Setup to your rider weight, track profile, and riding style this is the ultimate in all around performance and adjustability. Stock engagement for easy low speed driving and low trail cruising rpm's all while providing increased acceleration, top end, and backshift!
-$385

Attachments

• CK 002.jpg
    CK 002.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 356
  • CK 003.jpg
    CK 003.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 278

Allen - earlier in the year you had mentioned offerring a helix alone that would give a nice gain for those of us who are still broke from buying our Apexes :)

Is that still in the cards or will it die as a company secret?

Thanks

Bill

Bill, our initial testing on a prototype unit showed that just a helix change alone was a nice gain. After retesting all our clutch kit settings on our production RTX it showed that the production model used the stock clutching more efficiently and a helix change in itself wasn't a performance gain at all.

I'm new to the performance age of sledding. I just pick up a RTX and I'm looking to 1 up my brother on his F7 and give my buddy a run for his money on his new conFusion 900. I feel I'm a semi aggresive rider just coming out of quad racing, but don't plan on getting to crazy with the sled. I'm 225lbs 6' what setup should I go with? what will it do for me? will it change the clutch engagement rpm? do I need any special tools to install? will a clutch kit shorten the life of te drive belt? I have mechanical background but like I said I'm new to this hobby. thanks for the help

Guys, this is very good pricing. It takes me a lot of hours of testing on a sled to come with a a good clutching combo & including the price of parts this is a deal!

Turk said:
Guys, this is very good pricing. It takes me a lot of hours of testing on a sled to come with a a good clutching combo & including the price of parts this is a deal!

Agreed - when you consider it comes with new supertips I think the prices are awesome.

rafikie said:
I'm new to the performance age of sledding. I just pick up a RTX and I'm looking to 1 up my brother on his F7 and give my buddy a run for his money on his new conFusion 900. I feel I'm a semi aggresive rider just coming out of quad racing, but don't plan on getting to crazy with the sled. I'm 225lbs 6' what setup should I go with? what will it do for me? will it change the clutch engagement rpm? do I need any special tools to install? will a clutch kit shorten the life of te drive belt? I have mechanical background but like I said I'm new to this hobby. thanks for the help

Rafikie, the Stage 1 kit will increase the engagement rpm slightly, but still very low (down below 4000 rpm yet). You could always go with a Stage 1 kit and if you feel you need a little bit more we can upgrade you easily to a Stage 2 kit for $135. The belt life will not be shortened, if anything it will last longer due to the clutches being more efficient. Ask away if you have anymore questions.

Turk & Bill, don't remind me of all the hours! LOL! I can tell you alot of stuff that doesn't work in these things too! LOL!

Also I added some pictures of the Stage 1 & 2 kits as well.
:4STroke: :yam: :Rockon:

Re: apex clutch kits from ulmer

X-APE said:
Group buy discount?

Many of us on this site are already in debt to Allen for all of the free info he shares with us. His prices are reasonable enough already in my opinion.

Allen for setup is that something you take care of or will I have to put the wieghts were they need to go? Any way I can see the directions first? lol I'd hate to F up my new sled before getting to ride it. that brings another question should I break the sled in before installing? thanks for the help

X-APE, no group buys on clutch kits unfortunately. With other parts I can do group buys because the price gets cheaper as the quantity goes up. With the clutch kits the pricing stays the same with the parts involved whether I order enough parts to make 1 kit or 100 unfortunately.

rafikie, installation is a snap even for a novice. Just give me your rider weight and I can set your weights up for you and all you have to do is bolt them in. Putting the clutch kit in before break-in will not hurt anything at all. I will post the installation instructions shortly.

;)!

Allen

You said the stage 2 kit retains stock engagement, and this is good for all around trail riding. But is stock engagement on this kit a detriment when you line up against you buddy for a drag race. I thought a higher engagement would be a benefit in this situation, or does this not hold true with a fourstroke? Have you done any testing on an attak yet.

Thanks
Matt
;)!

Matt, the engagement is real close to stock, but the belt grab is increased to get you out of the hole faster. The torque and throttle response of this motor shows no ill-effects of having a lower engagement.

Allen:

Can you give us some expected gains over stock for comparison purposes?

For instance, can you detail MPH gains on the top end versus stock MPH, ET improvements at various distances versus stock (even a "sled length" comparison), etc? It would be interesting to see this for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 and stock.

I guess that I'm trying to gauge "bang for the buck" of each kit.

Thanks!

Mark

Back