• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stud pattern on Mono skid

vice108

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Anyone else finding it difficult to come up with a 144 pattern that avoids studding the center couple of inches of the track where the mono shock lives? Without using that area it seems like there isn't enough room to make many scratch lines. :o|

LazyBastard said:
Use doubles.. 4-2 alternating.

I already have singles. It looks like instead of using my template I will have to carefully draw out my own pattern. Not a big deal - just kind of a PITA.

Vice,
I don't mean to thread jack, but I'm sort of the same subject, any ideas for a 192 pattern? I think I am still going with the "V" pattern down the center, but having about an 1 1/2" gap between the two closest stud. It looks as though there is a small amount of the track that rubs. I can see the marks on my track. I have already baught the 1.375 SS studs, so they are going in there, one way or another...lol

1CS

1CrazySledder said:
Vice,
I don't mean to thread jack, but I'm sort of the same subject, any ideas for a 192 pattern? I think I am still going with the "V" pattern down the center, but having about an 1 1/2" gap between the two closest stud. It looks as though there is a small amount of the track that rubs. I can see the marks on my track. I have already baught the 1.375 SS studs, so they are going in there, one way or another...lol

1CS

I think 192 down the center without using the center of the track or the outside belts is gonna be tough.

I finished studding my GT today (144 center, Woody's pattern) and unless the standard Mono is different clearance wise than the GT, I don't see where there will be any problem's with stud's hitting. kviper

vice108 said:
1CrazySledder said:
Vice,

1CS

I think 192 down the center without using the center of the track or the outside belts is gonna be tough.

I'm going to use the outside belts, but am not sure how to configure the V pattern down the center with 96 without hitting the shock. Man, what was Yamaha thinking? lol

1CS

1CrazySledder said:
vice108 said:
1CrazySledder said:
Vice,

1CS

I'm going to use the outside belts, but am not sure how to configure the V pattern down the center with 96 without hitting the shock. Man, what was Yamaha thinking? lol

1CS

That shouldn't be very difficult since you only have to put 96 in the middle - thats only 2 in each row. Just start near the middle with one on each side of the nonstudable area in the center. Then move about 1/4 inch to the outsice of each and put two in the next row. Continue until the studs are at the widest you are comfortable with and then repeat the pattern again, etc...

Back