• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Would you buy your 05 Rs again

Would you buy your 2005 RS today, based off your own expericenes and information.

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not sure

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

big_ry_ry

Expert
would you buy your 2005 RS machine today based on the information and experiences you have had?

Just wondering..

Yes I would most certainly buy my Vector ER again. Best sled I ever owned. 6300 Km on odometer now & no sign of the sled dieing yet. The only thing I have done is to fully clip my track & add a Ulmer Stage III Clutch Kit. Last year 2 sets of sliders, this year still on 1st set. Threw away stock plastic suspension wheels and changed to aluminum just because I never liked plastic wheels anyway, always thought they looked cheap.

yes i would buy it again however if i were to get a new sled it would be the apex.

I would definately buy again, over 6,000 miles on the Rage with no problems. The only distraction from the sled being perfect is the clutch rattle. I had the update done and I am still not happy with the amount of noise coming from it. It's at the dealer now getting the clutch looked at again. If it still makes noise I will write Yamaha. Between a machinist friend and myself I'm sure we can come up with a permenant fix for the rattle.

05 rage

Another vote of yes. I have 1700 miles on and not one problem other than the service bulletins. Got to be the nicest sled I've owned . Great ride, power,no oil,wonderful track,and have gotten 20 mpg. Rest my case! Combat :yam:

I would buy another . Don't have any need for anything other then what it can already do very very well.

Disappointed in wheels. Of all the suppliers that potenially make wheels they must have chosen the worst one.

I know a bit about manufacturing. You can have a overall good design and good product but you absolutely cannot test everything under every scenario. The other "issues" on this sled I chalk up to the "can't test everything scenario". But give us new wheels would ya!

I purchased a rage and a vector. I like the rage but the vector rides terrible. I would deffinitely not purchase the vector again. I ride with friends that own skidoo sleds and their ride is far superior.

Too many problems with the proactive skid frame It's back at the shop again with a broken front pivot arm for the second time. Rails have been replaced three times and basucally the ride is not up to the other manufacturers skids.

Definitely. Very trouble free for 2000 miles. Front inner idlers are worn out, but they've been that way for quite a while. Yamaha is waiting for me to get it in for replacements.

No- With all the problems the chassis has I would pass. Track howl, hyfax wear ,clutch problems. I would buy the motor again though.

love my vector after installing ohlins rear shock and revalving center one.
The motor is awsome,great response, awsome fuel mileage.

I would like to see the 3 cyl motor in apex chassis I like the higher rider forward seat better. Apex will be my next sled for next year.

I do not miss my mxz at all

I would not buy an RS Venture again due to loud track howl and Yamahas refusal to fix the problem.
The engine is great just needs a skid and drive train
that dont make your ears ring!

Back