• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

jackshaft update for 05 RAGE??

ttw_walman

Extreme
During my reviews of this site I've come along several posts talking about a Jackshaft update for Rages. I was just wondering if anybody would like to fill me in on the particulars of this if it is true. I have an 05 Rage that I bought new from
a dealer about 300 miles from where I live. He had the best deal and would have been on my way to the Adirondaks one summer so I bought it there. I haven't heard anything about no update from him. I've got about 4000 trouble free miles right now but would hate to be driving a potential disaster, 500 miles from home in a remote region of Quebec next year. Any feedback would be appreciatted. ;)!

You need to call the dealer and ask him, it is not an offical "recall".

A certain range of serial #s is effected. The jackshaft was machined too small (we're talking less than a thousanth of an inch) and some have broken.
I took mine in at the end of this season after 6,000 miles with no problem but I figured I might as well get it done "just in case".
If your dealer does not know about the "UPDATE" find one who does.

Ther are also "Updates" for the CDI box and Clutch rattle.

I had the clutch one done last year and it still made too much noise IMO so they did it again. The CDI update is for TORS issues that my sled never had but I had it done anyway.

Sometimes the lowest price dealer is not the best deal.

You just have to call your dealer with your sled serial number and he should be able to tell you if your sled need to be updated. Because it is only a service bulletin and not a formal recall, you should ask for the update.

Trust-me, if your sled need the update: DO IT. I was in the first that had the breakage last year and it is really bad when it happened....

Alain

Back