• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What type of belt do you run?

The Tweaker

Extreme
Tried a search and didn't come up with much, so was wondering if you guys are running Yamaha belts or something different. Not sure when or where, but I was thinking I saw an article somewhere about the factory belt being to hard and that an aftermarket was softer with less slipage... Any truth to that?

belts

the oem belt is realy hard yes. the after market belts are a lot softer and a little longer as well. i have tryed them both with the softer belt it weres a lot faster and have been the only belts that i have blowen with out haveing alinemnt problems and you should chamge your clutching a little to run the softer belt as they tend to suck down your rpm some and due to the longer lenth you have to ajust the secounday to bring the belt up higher to bring your belt deflecton in to spec. i only run oem belts now. longer life, more dependable.

750cc Big Bore 151x2 Mountain Max - Dayco Ultimax
780cc Big Bore N2O 151x2 Viper - Dayco Ultimax
SCApex 162x2.25 - Dayco Ultimax

Had belt problems on every big motor sled i've owned.OEM on my 03 RX1. Didn't blow one ever in two seasons!!!! I'd stick with the OEM belt, wish they worked on my MACH. :o|

OEM all the way.Never had one fail on all my SRX's,RX1's and a perfect year on my Apex GT.I do however replace them when they get in the 1000 to 1400 mile range.

This is sounding old, but the OEM belts are very good. Once you have set up your clutches for a belt, stay with it. Every time you change your belt, you will need to change your clutching and setup.

the OEM is the best way to go for longevity. 7,500 miles on my RX-1 belt, 4,000 miles on my Apex belt with NO FAILURES. The mach Z cant say that at $150.00 a belt, I know guys that blew 5 of those last year w/2,000 miles. Sorry DOO

Back