• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Velocity Ring Install

SnoWarrior

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2024 Sidewinder L-TX LE
I just finished installing the velocity rings, and there are a couple of things to look out for.
When installing the rings, after glue has been applied and rings are seated, the left side, top, and bottoms stop on their own. This is looking at the ring from the front of the sled.

The right side of the ring can go farther on the carb if it is pushed there. Meaning the ring is not even on both sides of the carb.
If you look at the ring on the inside, the left side will have more lip than the right. (The left side of the ring will stick out farther than the left)

I took a flat blade screwdriver and marked it on the blade measuring the left side, then adjusted the right side so it was even.

When I went to install the filters, they did not go on to easy. This is because the glue was not cured yet and the right side of the ring was slipping back, making the rings kick to the right, making the filter not fit.

I readjusted the rings and will let them cure overnight. Filters should go on fine then.

2nd pic is the right side of the ring, no stop, 3rd the left side.

Thanks agin Freddie Happy Holidays ;)!

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• vr1.jpg
    vr1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 150
  • vr2.jpg
    vr2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 144
  • vr3.jpg
    vr3.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 166

When installing the filters do they go over the frist lip or over the hole ring. Just asking well be installing mine as soon as I get them. Thanks Marc

Ok Citizens,

not shure if this right or not but i looked at the rings depth 3/4 of an inch.
and made a gauge to set the ring on the carb mouth only at 1/4 inch, leaving 1/2 inch of ring to create the velocity ( stacking). i think if you push the ring all the way till it stops on carb body you only get about 1/4 inch of stack.
Freddie tell me what you think about this set up.
rfc

Attachments

• PB300079.JPG
    PB300079.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 144
  • PB300079.JPG
    PB300079.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 146
TMSSP05 said:
Ok Citizens,

not shure if this right or not but i looked at the rings depth 3/4 of an inch.
and made a gauge to set the ring on the carb mouth only at 1/4 inch, leaving 1/2 inch of ring to create the velocity ( stacking). i think if you push the ring all the way till it stops on carb body you only get about 1/4 inch of stack.
Freddie tell me what you think about this set up.
rfc

Never thought of mounting them that way. Having had so much luck with the way I mount them now, I was delighted with the dyno and in field results. When I get another RX1 the shop, I will make a set and mount them they was your describe and report my findings. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Freddie

Ok should have thought of this before....
Little cool this morning 52 degrees. Went out to put filters on and they were stiff as heck. (did not line up perfect) Took a heat gun and heated up the flanges on the filters. They went on real smooth, and stayed the shape they went on as. Now they go on and off great.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

here is a link to my EVAC install
www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=34592

Sno Warrior-- Where on the Island do you live. I lived there for about 14 years. Mostly on the south shore, from Merrick to Lindenhurst. I had enough and moved back to NH. Where do you go riding ??

Jerry-- I sent one back. My buddy I ride with has the same sled you have.

Sno Warrior-- You will have to let me know how the rings work in the real world. I am thinking of getting a set.

Oh no!

Mine are on too far it appears!

I read initally that they should go on until they stop. I did that and only have about 3/16" to 1/4" sticking out beyond each carb. They fit so tightly I had to use a board and a hammer to make them fit and since they fit so tightly I didn't glue them.

Freddie, please let me know if I need to TRY to move them out a bit from the fully seated positon.

Right now it's tough to tell if they are doing anything or not.

Frosty

Frostbite said:
Oh no!

Mine are on too far it appears!

I read initally that they should go on until they stop. I did that and only have about 3/16" to 1/4" sticking out beyond each carb. They fit so tightly I had to use a board and a hammer to make them fit and since they fit so tightly I didn't glue them.

Freddie, please let me know if I need to TRY to move them out a bit from the fully seated positon.

Right now it's tough to tell if they are doing anything or not.

Frosty

Frosty,
At this time, I mount them so that the back edge of the rings are flush to the flange on the air filters. I am not willing to say what will work or not work without sufficient dyno and in field testing time. Leave your alone and enjoy them!

Freddie Klies
www.easterncycleperf.com

i have my rings set about a 1/2 of inch and they rock i saw a big rpm jump.they real work good with the ecp filter kit . i am real exited about putting a little of the nos i should crank by! by! by! kitty cat 1000,s :nos :die

Back