• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HOW can you power up speedo pod

Wouldn't a service manual have the schematic? I would think it's possible. Why would you want it on anyway?

I'd like to confirm the mileage on my 05 RX-1. There's no way that motor is going to be running any time soon.

If someone knows how, I'd appreciate the info.

Ok you have to open the fuse box, just above reverse lever. Then remove the 20 amp fuse (yellow) on the left towards the steering. There should be a blue wire feeding the fuse (connected to the fuse clip).
Connect a jumper from the red battery (positive) or from the jumper wire connection red to the fuse clip closest to the steering. Looking at the pic, the one on the top. Basically you are just feeding the gauge pod with 12 volts dc.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• RX1_fuse_block.jpg
    RX1_fuse_block.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 343
i was thinking you wanted to know if this was a 'feature' available on the sled, designed in, that could be used regularly...... didn't realize you wanted to just power it up one time to check the mileage...

SnoWarrior,

Thank you for the answer! I'll see if I can get it to light up tomorrow (the sled is really in pieces though - I might have to manually rig up a ground and make sure there are no live wires hanging around). Does this also turn the headlight on?

WarriorBeads, I wasn't the original poster. I think he was looking for a method without taking the sled apart. Thinking about this a bit though, tapping into a wire going to that same fuse and running 12V to it through a switch (and a fuse close to the battery) would also let you power everything up at the flip of the switch. It would be nice to be able to turn the headlight on (assuming it does) without starting the sled.

If you want to power the headlight relay then jump both of the clips where the fuse goes. The lower clip turns on the headlight. The way to put in a switch to power the headlight and the pod would be to power the load side of main relay. If the relay is energized it also activates the carb heaters. So you only want to send power to the load side of the relay. It is located near where your right knee would be sitting on the sled. There are 3 relays there and the beeper for reverse. You would have to power the blue wire going to the main relay. The main relay is the one to the right near the beeper. I will post the wiring diagram and the number designation with the wire color code. There should be 4 wires on the relay....Red, Brown, Blue, and Brown/White.
Feeding 12 volts to the blue wire will turn on the headlight and power the pod.
Main relay is #4, blue wire is L

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 315
  • wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 284
I had a look at my sled today and the wiring is completely pulled apart. There's literally nothing left except for the wires running down the hood and ending near the hinge (3 connectors).

The wiring harness(es) must be in one of the several boxes filled with random parts & hundreds of nuts and bolts.

(I didn't pull the motor out)

Back