• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DID MY FIRST OIL CHANGE ON MY OWN

STINKFINGER

Extreme
The first one is in the books. A little intimedating at first but thanks to SRXSPEC (A.Ulmer) I felt pretty good about diving in. I could only get about 3.5 Qts. back in her. Is this normal? I will see if it will take more once i run it around a little.

So you others out there don't be afraid its not that bad.

Oil went into the tank, right? Couple of weeks ago we had one guy putting it all in the Crankcase. Just checkin' casue it was your first time.

STINKFINGER said:
The first one is in the books. A little intimedating at first but thanks to SRXSPEC (A.Ulmer) I felt pretty good about diving in. I could only get about 3.5 Qts. back in her. Is this normal? I will see if it will take more once i run it around a little.

allen's awesome with helping, saved yourself alot of $$$ doing it yourself

Len Todd said:
Oil went into the tank, right? Couple of weeks ago we had one guy putting it all in the Crankcase. Just checkin' casue it was your first time.

Really should not matter where you put it in as long as you put the right amount in. Was told it takes a long time for it to drain so might as well just add oil into the reservoir . Remember to check oil level with out screwing the dip stick back in.

Nope.. Just clean it off and set it in "without" screwing it in. :ORC They get easier after that first tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime..MM.

Changing oil is a breeze. The filter is flat #*$&@ nasty. No excuse in my opinion for not locating it ahead of the air cleaner like Ulmer's kit does. To change oil, remove the plastic plate under the skid, then remove the drain plug, didn't come loose easily on mine. The oil tank then has to be drained, which requires removing the lower side panel on the right side to get to the drain plug. The slotted screws holding the lower panel in are loc-tited in place. I held a heavy duty soldering iron against the screw heads to get the loctite to let go. If you do the filter pretty much follow Ulmers directions. I didn't have to remove the light pod, but can see where most might in order to get the air induction boots back in place. My dealer quoted me $55 for oil and filter change. He would earn every penny and likely prices would go up after he has done a few.

iasledder said:
Changing oil is a breeze. The filter is flat #*$&@ nasty. No excuse in my opinion for not locating it ahead of the air cleaner like Ulmer's kit does. To change oil, remove the plastic plate under the skid, then remove the drain plug, didn't come loose easily on mine. The oil tank then has to be drained, which requires removing the lower side panel on the right side to get to the drain plug. The slotted screws holding the lower panel in are loc-tited in place. I held a heavy duty soldering iron against the screw heads to get the loctite to let go. If you do the filter pretty much follow Ulmers directions. I didn't have to remove the light pod, but can see where most might in order to get the air induction boots back in place. My dealer quoted me $55 for oil and filter change. He would earn every penny and likely prices would go up after he has done a few.

Who is your dealer? I'd gladly take mine in for a $55 change!!

iasledder,

Why didn't you have to remove light pod? Do you run without the clamps on the throttle bodies?

The air box with clamps pulled off with a little effort. Getting things fed back on was a little trickier, put a little grease inside the boots to help slide in place. Would have been simpler to remove the 2 screws that hold the light pod on I'm sure. Actually I did afterwards to check and see if boots were installed properly and tight. Wouldn't advise anyone to do it the way I did, but just had to see if it could be done.

STINKFINGER said:

So what did you have to take off to get to the oil filter?

Back