• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing 1.25" ripsaw any good alternatives?

gas n go

Pro
Pulled a few lugs off my Ripsaw and I have decided to change it at 3200 miles. Machzed is using a 1"predator and likes it. Has anyone else found a suitable alternative for fast lake/trail riding?

Think I will likely purchase another Ripsaw as I am making some clutching changes and will need the 1.25 lug height. Unless someone has a better suggestion.

I went with a replacement Ripsaw, but fully clipped and pre-drilled for studs. It seems to perform better than the stock one and I attribute that to the extra clips and open windows which allow more snow on the hyfax. The other benefit is that Camoplast will warantee the track with studs for 1 yr. I was also able to stud the track with 144 picks in an hour which was a major timesaver.

That's my expereince for what' it's worth...

LOL...guys...IMO there is LITTLE TO NO difference in traction with 1 incher....unless you race on powder maybe...

I wouldnt use a ripsaw if it was last track made..JUNK!

Dan

I have a Hacksaw on my Apex. It seems to run very well. 2 weeks ago I did a ton of racing in about 10 inches of semi packed snow. I ran with some warriors a lot of F-7s rev 800 SRX Mach Z F-1000. I would come out of the hole about the same as everyone else. Sometimes a length behind sometime a length ahead. If anything I would say it did not hook up quite as well. However if I did fall behind out of the hole I would get by everyone in about 4-500 feet. With the Mach I would usually get it out of the hole and it would start to pull on me at about 105-110. The F-1000 would usually get me out of the hole and I could not catch it. On hard pack I think it will rock. Top end is great. Saw 139 speedo.

another thing guys dont talk about is durometer....I have spoke several times with camo engineers on phone...and the hardest durometer tracks are predator..same as mach z tracks...

ripsaws and hacksaws are much softer durometer and cannot roll as good on top end...the lugs will break off easier too...

as i said...IMO i wouldnt ever run a hacksaw or ripsaw...they are for trails and powder combo....they are in NO WAY for hi speed running..not even in there design.

you will always be faster with predator.....so depending on what you do most...is what you want to buy.

I trail ride alot...and also radar alot....lakes alot...i rarely ride powder or race in powder...so I have no reason for anything over a 1 inch...heck i used to run the .88 track always,but cannot get those anymore.

shorter lug means shorter studs mean less weight means faster overal.....I told my dealer i wouldnt buy the apex unless he made the deal to give me a predator with it....then i changed it out before i rode it once...and gave him ripjunk back...

havent been beat yet,and Im sure the track has alot to do with that.

dan

I have an o6 Nytro And i got rid of the ripsaw and put an inch 3/8 track off of a ZR snowpro 900 hooks greats changes the sled completly in the deep snow makes it feel lite great track lost a good ten miles per hour or more on top end how ever....

If you are going to stud it go with the hacksaw, with 1.175" studs.....

I have been researching the 1 inch tracks as well and come have come up with 3 finalists. The predator, hacksaw, durasport 1000. I have called camoplast 3 different times and each time have been told the hacksaw is fastest. Which is different from what machzed was told and is making my decision even harder. With the speeds machzed is getting it sure backs up the predator and Hauck is getting high speeds with the durasport 1000. I have not yet heard of anyone getting high speeds with the hacksaw. I really like the ripsaw but want more top speed so that is my reason for the 1 inch paddle . IMO you will lose a few sled lengths in some conditions with the shorter paddle but for extra speed I do not care. MY 02 srx has a .875, my 98 srx has a .92 and on hard packed road the 02 is faster but on the trail the 98 will give it a hard time. IMO I don't think there is a wrong choice between the 3.

136" Camoplast 9819, 1.25" 6-pitch was $270 ish shipped to my door from Port-Yamaha.

ripsaws and hacksaws are much softer durometer and cannot roll as good on top end...the lugs will break off easier too...

as i said...IMO i wouldnt ever run a hacksaw or ripsaw...they are for trails and powder combo....they are in NO WAY for hi speed running..not even in there design.

you will always be faster with predator.....so depending on what you do most...is what you want to buy.

shorter lug means shorter studs mean less weight means faster overal.....I told my dealer i wouldnt buy the apex unless he made the deal to give me a predator with it....then i changed it out before i rode it once...and gave him ripjunk back...

havent been beat yet,and Im sure the track has alot to do with that.

dan[/quote]

Okay,....... Big joke eh fellas!....... Everyone posts replies now AFTER I have ordered my new track. Having absolutely no experience with the predator I was concerned about losing the holeshot. I realize the Ripsaw durometer is softer but figured it my be a little more forgiving in the icy corners. SO I ordered a replacement Ripsaw, just fully clipped. I will call this morning to see if I can change the order as i had a rush put on it so that I would be up by the weekend.

If I can't change the order I would atleast expect that Machzed (Dan) would pull his track and ship it to me, of course just to make up for not responding to my post sooner! LOL

machzed said:
I wouldnt use a ripsaw if it was last track made..JUNK!

Dan

I used to think the same thing, but I got 7000 miles out of the last ripsaw (ridding in good conditions)

Maybe not the best for running in powder.

Back