• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacing 1.25" ripsaw any good alternatives?

harder rubber is ALWAYS FASTER then soft....this is why camo engineers design their trails track as softer..more traction and more flex..harder for ice and top speed..less flex and less balloon...ask anyone who races what would be faster..hard or soft..youll get your answer if you dont beleive me.

if you lookup a SPEED tracks durometer..its always hardest available. while trail tracks are softest.

if youre not radaring or not racing..then ripsaw is fine for you all....predator is more for lakes,radar and race IMO...but it will bite outa the hole with the best of them when studded.

hackaw is not as fast as predator,all else being equal...dont even know why you would think that..especially when camo engineers will tell you its not...lol.

14 incher is the next step I would consider..fully clipped in predator durometer would rock!

dan

Studs void track warranty, so after that you are at the mercy of your dealer for help with Yamaha. Low snow conditions, rough conditions & evidence of track spin coming in contact with an immovable object pretty much make warranty impossible. Excessive heat destroys tracks too.

I have seen Yamaha help customers in cases where it's questionable, but it's special circumstances. If the track lugs missing looks to be a manufacturing defect, Yamaha is good for taking care of the customer.

I believe Yamaha's good will has been abused in the past. That now makes it harder for anyone to make a claim, because Yamaha has had to scrutinize & evaluate claims closely to protect themselves.

In my experience, Yamaha takes care of it's customers & you can't make everyone happy all the time.

Sorry to see your track lug problem.

lots of the fast guys up here that run the rrbeds are putting on the 14"wide 1"lug hacksaw,adds top speed for sure

I have had 2 srx's I'am not sure what they had for a kind of track but I do know they were .92" in highth. one was a 98 and the other was a 2001.
I have never seen a sled hook up better on snow and ice than my 2001 srx with a 192 studs. Its just an animal. If I thought this would work on my rtx I'd get one tomorrow. That srx kills my rtx no mater what condition the trail is like.
A friend of mine has a 900 cat. He has a 1" track and he can just take me out of the hole on my rtx. On the ice he kills me.
Is that a predator track on my srx? It is the came on it new.

Ripsaw track is Junk

I had a ripsaw on my Fusion, it came apart at 4500 miles, but if you looked at it, you would think it was in great shape. Cost me a heat exchanger and alot of work. Was not too happy to see it come stock when I bought my Attak. I'll watch it very closely.

No matter what type of riding you do, these are weak tracks. Too light in my opinion. I never use to worry, with the old heavier tracks you could see they were on there way out well before they blew apart.

:Rockon:

Replaced my ripsaw track at about 14,000 miles. Replaced it with a 1.22" Camoplast Ice Attack track. Vey happy with it, and I'm not worried about pulling studs out as what was starting to happen with the ripsaw track after 6 years.

Back