• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The 5 Minute 5 Dollar spare belt holder

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
Here is the FX Nytro 5 minute 5 dollar spare belt holder.

Using 2 rivets and a yamaha factory V clip.

Attachments

• DSC01544_resize.JPG
    DSC01544_resize.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DSC01545_resize.JPG
    DSC01545_resize.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,390
  • DSC01546_resize.JPG
    DSC01546_resize.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 1,082
  • DSC01547_resize.JPG
    DSC01547_resize.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 927
  • DSC01548_resize.JPG
    DSC01548_resize.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 932

Might wanna go 2 clips I dunno not really necessary rode doo for years with only 1 clip.

Just a question.
Why do you guys think that Yamaha didnt put the spare belt holder there to begin with?
It doesnt make sense, as they have alway been there.
If there is room apparently, why stuff it in the front of the sled?
Just seems strange.

Now that is genius. That should be in the tech section LOL Maxdlx

Another Idea

Or you cut two slots and use a velcro strap ( arctic cat idea ) instead of a metal clip.

But your right, wonder why they didn't put it there in the first palce.???

NytroFIB said:
Just a question.
Why do you guys think that Yamaha didnt put the spare belt holder there to begin with?
It doesnt make sense, as they have alway been there.
If there is room apparently, why stuff it in the front of the sled?
Just seems strange.

Isn't that two questions? :hide:

I like it...good job. It provides an option...not that the bag is a bad thing, it is just another option.

Not really sure why they wouldn't use this location to be honest, perhapse just another method of weight savings???

I see no problem with it what so ever, other then possibly the belt degrading over time from engine heat MAYBE?? <<<<<<<<<<<<<and thats a big maybe.

Maybe it can interfer with the air flow that is supposed to go trough the radiator and out the vents in front of your knees. (longshot)

EsonPZ said:
Maybe it can interfer with the air flow that is supposed to go trough the radiator and out the vents in front of your knees. (longshot)
I agree with the airflow theory or something similar. Very odd that Yami didnt designate a place for a spare belt......

unchained said:
EsonPZ said:
I agree with the airflow theory or something similar. Very odd that Yami didnt designate a place for a spare belt......

Agree as well took a second look at this and to be honest, it would interfear VERY little if at all.

unchained said:

They did designate a place for the spare belt, the front tool pouch. Most guys don't want to fold it up to put it in there though.

By making the pouch a little bigger, they saved on 2 rivets, one belt holder and die complexity for the FX clutch cover. It may not be much on a per sled basis but over the entire run........never mind they don't need anyone to sub-assemble the clutch cover belt clip.

Can you tell I work on an assembly line???

Back