• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

has anyone switched from an 07 phazer to a nytro?

sg35

Extreme
I am considering both of these sleds, and aside from the obvious performance differences i am wondering if aynone can speak to the handling,comfort,ergo's etc, and why you liked one better than the other. i like both sleds alot, but i almost like the positon of the phazer better, but the seat seems much nicer on the nytro.

sg35 said:
I am considering both of these sleds, and aside from the obvious performance differences i am wondering if aynone can speak to the handling,comfort,ergo's etc, and why you liked one better than the other. i like both sleds alot, but i almost like the positon of the phazer better, but the seat seems much nicer on the nytro.

What is your riding style and experience level? The nytro will definately hurt you if you are a beginner.

I know they're a bit different but I considered buying a Phazer RTX over the Nytro RTX. In the end I went with the Nytro because of the HP. It really depends on the day and what you're doing with it. I personally think the Phazer is balanced better and noticable if you like to jump. I know the sleds are pretty close in dry weight but the Nytro felt a little nose heavy compared to the Phazer. Not bad mind you, but I noticed it a bit on the demo's last spring. I would let the HP be your deciding card. If you need it and like to mix it up with your buddy's get the Nytro. The HP and throttle response on the Nytro is almost scary out of the hole. I've taken Mine out for about a miles worth of hole shots and it absolutely rocks. Without knowing your riding style its tough to push you in either direction. I know the Nytro feels a bit more comfortable but I kinda like the slightly more aggresive feel of the Phazer. I can have fun on either of these machines. The price difference is something I thought about alot too. Left over and used FX's were pretty appealling this fall. Good Luck.
:4STroke: ;)!

I went from an 06 Apex MTN Turbo, down to a 07 Phazer, and up again now to a Nytro...Nytro handles MUCH better tahn the Phazer, not nearly as tippy, and is more for a grown up rider than the Phazer...

I have Both sleds now. I loved the Phazer FX I bought for my Fiance last year. When they say it brings the fun back into snowmobiling they weren't lying! I had an 05 Warrior loved the power of the (4) cylinder and how is Cruised on groomed trails, but the ride and weight was alittle bit of the issue in the bumps. Now I have a Fx Nitro and I should have the ride and the power. I guess now I have the best of both worlds. Still trying to sell my 05 Warrior on consignment @ www.wildernessmotorsports.com If anyone is interested.

Bought my wife the Phazer mountain last spring, and put a 152" track on it and it just didn't have that snap I am used to on my RX1. She rode it a few times, till season's end and as a beginner, had no problems learning to ride on it. But because of limited riding time this year, we figured on upgrading, and did, to the Nytro MTX. She rode it today a few runs up the street and back, and had no issues, and she even noticed a smoother ride/handling, (along with the extra power to adjust to).Will go out this week-end and let her ride the trails and hills. It also lets me take it out with my friends, which is easier in the deep, boondocking and enough power to satisfy my needs and can keep my RX1 on standby until we can both go out again. The Phazer is nice, but if you need more power after, the price of adding a turbo etc seems steep, almost half the sleds price, and a poor investment in that case. The Nytro is a great sled and is an excellent choice out of the box for most riders, in my opinion.

When the Phazer first came out I was praying that they would put a bigger motor in it for the second year....well, they kinda did, except now they call it a Nytro. I know they are not the same sleds, but I think the Nytro is the perfect combination. I test rode a Phazer in February....it was fun, but I felt like my kids 120 could go just as fast.

Thanks for the info. the HP is a big concern for me, probably the biggest. i have ridden for most of my life, but sold the sled a couple years ago and now the wife and I want back in. I'd like to think i can safely run at a pretty spirited pace, but i didn't want to buy a phazer and be disappointed that i didn't just knuckle up and get the nytro or even a vector. a good friend had a vector and it was a really nice sled, but i can't find any around here, i have seen a few nytro's and a couple phazers but that's it. Anyway thanks for the info.

sg35 said:
Thanks for the info. the HP is a big concern for me, probably the biggest. i have ridden for most of my life, but sold the sled a couple years ago and now the wife and I want back in. I'd like to think i can safely run at a pretty spirited pace, but i didn't want to buy a phazer and be disappointed that i didn't just knuckle up and get the nytro or even a vector. a good friend had a vector and it was a really nice sled, but i can't find any around here, i have seen a few nytro's and a couple phazers but that's it. Anyway thanks for the info.

There aren't any new Vectors out there? The 08 Vector in the Apex chassis is priced right in between the Phazer and the Nytro and has performance closer to the Nytro than the Phazer. I think that would be a great sled. If your looking at two sleds why not get one of each, when your out with the Wife I'm sure the pace of the Phazer would be fine and when you want to go out and ride hard with the boys they will be following you on the Nytro.

sg35 said:

If you are going to trail ride it don't count the phazer out. Meaning I would challenge anyone on a bigger powered sled to keep up to a good rider on a phazer on a set of tight trails. I could leave everyone last season riding the phazer and I normally ride an apex along with the rest of our group plus a couple Rev's. Those phazers can FLY though the woods because they are so light. 70 mph though the trees is plenty quick.

[quote
If you are going to trail ride it don't count the phazer out. Meaning I would challenge anyone on a bigger powered sled to keep up to a good rider on a phazer on a set of tight trails. I could leave everyone last season riding the phazer and I normally ride an apex along with the rest of our group plus a couple Rev's. Those phazers can FLY though the woods because they are so light. 70 mph though the trees is plenty quick.[/quote]

Valid point that you can ride a good handling sled through tight trails fast. I had to rent a 570 one day because my rev died, and I was able to hang with everybody in the trails, but as soon as you got to any kind of opening, I was holding everybody up.

I say get something that meets the majority of your requirements....but 80hp isn't going to do anything for you on some of the wide open trails.

jds, the only place i haven't checked is where you got yours. we looked at 2 phazers over the weekend and could get them for just a little more than the price of a nytro, (that yellow and black nytro is pretty cool), i wouldn't mind a vector but i called a couple other places and they didn't have anything other than the GT (or whatever it's called now), it's so similar in price for what i could get a nytro for i figured that (the nytro)would be the better way to go. the only problem is i can't swing right now a phazer and a nytro/vector. but we could do 2 phazers, they are 07's but they only want 5K for each. we really want two sleds at the same time, and to go to a vector/nytro i have to wait and order in the spring, just can't swing that much right now. i just didn't want to drop 5 grand on a sled i wouldn't be happy with.

Back