• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti-ratchet drivers

unchained

Expert
Tomorrow Im putting in my 128 x 15 x 1 with ALL windows open track. Should I do the drivers while Im in there already? With 800 miles and several adjustments the ratcheting has greatly reduced and not to mention the high tension of the track hasnt really affected my sliders as they both still look pretty good. If I do them, what ones and anyone have links with the best prices??

You need a fully open window track for these to work. Press on 2 of em & go riding. Stock nytro short track drivers are 9 tooth.

As I was driving to pick up the drivers I was thinking about why I would go to 10 t since Im intending on gearing it up anyhow. Im already going to a shorter lug track so no clearance concerns with 1.175 studs--are there any reasons why I wouldnt just install the 504152502 (10t) drivers??

Headin to pick up my 10 tooth Doo drivers right now. When I press off all of the std drivers and press on the Doo extros, do I have to get a swedging tool and use the original OEM style clamps or can good hose clamps be used to secure the drivers from sliding on the hex shaft?

Just press them on, the new drivers should have the bands already installed. The plastic will just deform as you press them on, kinda wierd the first time you do it...

If your going with 10 tooth just make sure the drivers don't hang below the belly and tunnel or you could bend the drive shaft. This was an issue on the early 03' Fcats. Don't know if how close it is, just thought I would let you know.

Got Apex RTX? said:
If your going with 10 tooth just make sure the drivers don't hang below the belly and tunnel or you could bend the drive shaft. This was an issue on the early 03' Fcats. Don't know if how close it is, just thought I would let you know.
Will do, thanks for the heads up! Damn hope this isnt an issue :o|

shadow637 said:
Just press them on, the new drivers should have the bands already installed. The plastic will just deform as you press them on, kinda wierd the first time you do it...
thanks! ;)!

Back