• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro front End

nytro boy

Extreme
I saw an article in one of the snowmobile magazines last night about the 09 nytros. They have cahnged the lower A arms, the spnidle, changed the mounting point on the spindle for the upper A arm for negative camber and have tilted the spindle 6 degrees back which they say gets ride of the edgieness and head shake. It would be nice if they would offer a 2008 upgrade kit at a reduced rate or better yet..................free!!!

I remember when polaris first came out with the fusion 900, my buddy bought that sled. the following year he had all the upgrades for his sled. I can't remember if he got them free or a reduced price, but that is the least yamaha should do for us all

Theres no reason for them to offer them for free. They're gonna tell you to buy the new model for the updates. Theres always something newer and better, so its an endless process!

Deadman said:
Theres no reason for them to offer them for free. They're gonna tell you to buy the new model for the updates. Theres always something newer and better, so its an endless process!

Newer/Better are not quite the right words how about work/does not work.

Jim

Both the Canadian and US websites are now touting the changes to the 09 and how much better it is then 08' "due to information gained from the racing program." Totally redesigned for 09. Created a new suspension.

Before I was disappointed. Now I'm rotted. Unreal.

Add insult to injury, the Canadian prices have not been adjusted (what is the excuse this year?) and the trade in value of this 08' is now abysmal.

I got a supertraxx mag in the mail today for some odd reason and there was a write up on the front end. It is very disappointing, but I guess in the end you have to remember that you purchased a first year sled. in 2010, the 09 guys will be disappointed by something.

I can't wait to see if the new front end fixes the bending/tweaking issues. I have no issues with handling on my sled, I think the pilot skis and suspension adjustments fixed most of that.

It'll be interesting to try an 09 sled to see if you can really notice the difference. The mag says it's impossible to not notice.

Deadman said:
are the 08's REALLY that bad?

To quote MaxSled

MaxSled said:
Last year it made a great ditch rider, but suffered on the trails due to steering and front end performance. For 2009, Yamaha has changed the geometry of the FX Nytro to give it flatter cornering and a more predictable feel while cornering. It is a huge improvement over the 2008 version.

Goddo said:
I got a supertraxx mag in the mail today for some odd reason and there was a write up on the front end. It is very disappointing, but I guess in the end you have to remember that you purchased a first year sled. in 2010, the 09 guys will be disappointed by something.

I can't wait to see if the new front end fixes the bending/tweaking issues. I have no issues with handling on my sled, I think the pilot skis and suspension adjustments fixed most of that.

It'll be interesting to try an 09 sled to see if you can really notice the difference. The mag says it's impossible to not notice.

I'm interested to see if this fixes any of the bending/breaking issues to.

Goddo, how much hard pack riding do you do though? My RTX is fine as long as I'm the show is fresh. Put it on a hard trail and you best be alert.

Back