• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro front End

Deadman said:
are the 08's REALLY that bad?
Thank god for this web site, otherwise I would think Im half crazy here. I havnt stopped making adjustments to mine and just when I think its better, I jump on a different sled an it slaps me in the face with how bad this 08 chassis is. I just checked out the 09's and other than spindles and the 2.5mm upper ball joint mod, I dont see a huge difference. I guess its good if I decide to sell this unless they do a major revamp in 2010 and then the 08 and 09's will be lumped together as the story gets written

I don't ride hard pack much unless I have to, but I don't find mine bad on the trails. I have no issues cruising at 80+ MPH on a hard packed trail, however I don't do it often because it's just not safe and I don't mean because of this sled, I just mean in general.

I find the trail manners of the sled much better with the pilot skis. I still don't like how it dives in the loose snow, but I can live with it.

Goddo said:
I don't ride hard pack much unless I have to, but I don't find mine bad on the trails. I have no issues cruising at 80+ MPH on a hard packed trail, however I don't do it often because it's just not safe and I don't mean because of this sled, I just mean in general.

I find the trail manners of the sled much better with the pilot skis. I still don't like how it dives in the loose snow, but I can live with it.

Well as far as the speed goes, I don't feel comfortable doing anything over 70 km/h on hard pack on mine. Yes, yamaha skis are garbage, replace them as the story goes. That is fine and I probably will. But that doesn't negate the fact that daily dealers and corporate are tellign people daily that there is nothign wrong with the front ends (bending, wearing out bushings and ball joints and ILL handling are all related IMHO) and then out of the the other side of their face tell you with their 09 model introduction that they had to change it all to make it significantly better.

I have mine set up as good as I can get get it with stock components and I am embarrased to let my buddies ride it as they can't get off it fast enough.

For the record, mine isn't bent much if at all compared to some I have seen. However after 1700 km mine is at the dealer HOPEFULLY getting the ball joints (teflon falling out of them) and bushings (slop in every direction replaced). It has been three days now and four calls of mine to enquire if they are doing anything have not been returned. I'm hoping it isn't taking them that long to come up with some excuse to blame me for those failed parts.

Back