• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who loves their 2008 FX Nytro?

Nytro RTX Guy

Extreme
There has been a lot of negative posts regarding the Nytro. I thought it would be nice to hear from everyone that like theirs.

After many years with Doo I can this is the best sled I have owned. I have NO issues what so ever. I really enjoy the power, mileage, and yes the ride. It takes some time to dial in but I love it

:Rockon:

I love mine no issues with the way i set up my FX Nytro. This sled rocks! I am not seeing none of the issues that some people are complaining about. Everything is tight no tweeks either. :Rockon:

the nytro is a perfect fit for me and my riding stlye,i love it,said it in a few other posts no problems at all.

Love mine aswell. Have changed front balljoints and will change inner bushings... And the shocks are not good for me and they will be revalved. Otherwise I really love it...

Without a doubt the best sled I've ever owned. This is my first Yamaha and I'm in no way brand loyal. The engine is fantastic, very fast too 90 mph. This sled was built for where I like to ride in New York. The quality on this sled is the best I seen on any sled. I have absolutly no issues that people have been posting. My belt still looks new with 2600 miles on it.

Don't let a few bad post about the Nytro deter anyone form buying this sled.

1500 mls half of that at least was pounding on the sled as hard as any I've ever had and no problems with bent any thing . Shock seal was shot in the first 100 mls maybe from factory ,yammie replaced and had new shock in 3 days. steering is good after tweeks mentioned n many threads here. Love the way this sled is now lots of fun more to come.

I love mine.

4500 KMS.

A few issue's but nothing my dealer didn't correct ASAP.

Most fun I've had on a sled in years.

This motor rocks, awesome torque for quick jumps over deep holes and wash outs.

If you don't pound it hard, don't get the RTX. IT truly is a rough trail sled. And people find it stiff.

A little over 1,600 miles. Ride with one modded F7, an F6 and 3 800 XP's.

I am pretty critical of sled setup, and tend to focus a little more on what is wrong rather than right... so I don't brag on the sled much. Half the year was spent chasing the suspension. Now that everything is broke-in (including the seat), I am starting to really get a feel for how to set up the sled for my riding style and conditions that day/weekend.

Every once in a while we swap rides and I am reminded how good that 'little' Nytro really is. It is the standard version, and I simply love that motor. I will probably revalve the shocks over the summer (because I know there is a lot left in that suspension). But even with the stock valving, I prefer it (even now) the X package XP's in the group. I way just under 180lbs and we ride Ontario trails and conditions are normally very good. 1-2 ft chop is about as bad as it got this year. Hats off to the groomer operators...

PS
One more thing... it didn't hurt that the Nytro was king of the 660 this past weekend.

Mods:
USI skis, predator track, 168 studs... and clutched.

I do not know if I love it, but at least I like it very much!

The Nytro is for sure not perfect out of the box, and I can honestly say that I hate some of the #*$&@ that Yamaha is bolting onto it (skis, track, lack of extroverts). But the Nytro is a very good "base sled" for people willing to install couple of aftermarket products. And after installing decent skis, track, extroverts and shocks I really like my Nytro!

Yes, a lot of people are bitching about this and that. But I would not be too stressed about it. It does not necessarily mean that they do not love (or like) their Nytro.

Attachments

• apex 001.jpg
    apex 001.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 302
I love mine. I changed the ski's adjusted the suspension to my liking. I have had no problem's with the sled and have just about 3000km on it.

Great machines, my wife and I think they are a blast, almost to fun... Took my nephew up to Raco, michigan in the u.p. two weekends ago we rode 4 hours and did 150 miles and the second day we rode 270 miles he could not believe how well my wife's nytro handled and the performance her machine is stock with cr10ek's only. Will put a #*$&@ wipen on my buddies 800 rev.

Back