• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who loves their 2008 FX Nytro?

What do you mean bringing up the past? I never posted anything bad about the Nytro. I didn't have any of the problems listed on this forum. I only logged on 1100 miles, but that is because I traded my Phazer in February. The Phazer was a sled I had problems with.

Aaron P.

I wasn't bashing you. I was stating that this was a old post being resurrected from a few months ago. Sorry if it appeared as a bash. :-o

Coming off an '05 rev x, I immediately fell in love with the power for sure, but I was chasing the suspension all winter long, and couldn't get the thing to stop darting and bucking and had little confidence keep my speed through corners. I grew really frustrated with it and quite honestly was ready to sell it. This summer I made some changes - revalve on all four shocks, upper ball joint mod, ulmer coupling blocks, and pilot skis (all trail riding for me), I'm hoping that it will be a different story this year with the changes. So to answer the question, I have to agree with the love/hate thing, I don't think it is a sled you just buy, get on and ride all season long. It takes some tweaking and constant attention. But thats a lot of fun in itself. When it works out anyways.
Looking forward to the new season. Enjoy!

rz918 I also came off of a 05 rev X, I agree 100% with what you said, all in all I love the sled. I was thinking of putting on pilots and ulmer coupling blocks too. I would like to see some feedback on how those changes work out for you. I did get it dialed in pretty good with alot of changes. You definetly need to move your $ss when riding hard.

A friend I ride with bought a used 2008 Nytro that had 1300 miles on it. It's all stock. He has only ridden it locally in the ditches but says he likes it so far. We are leaving for the UP on Sunday. It's the only sled he is taking so it will be interesting on how he likes it in the trails. I'll probably spend a few miles on it myself.

Trussman said:
When a Doo rider asked how I liked the Nytro, my buddy was very quick to chime in with................it's a LOVE/HATE thing........... ;):D

About a year and $3000 in upgrades later...............I still got a little hate in me......... ;):D

Back