• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Broken Kill switch????

SRXSRULE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
06 Apex...the kill switch button is broke. I've heard that yamaha dealers can get just the switch and not the entire control block if they call in to the tech line? Also have heard there is a kill switch from a cat that is a direct replacement? Thanks Eric

Where in Iowa are ya?
You might also try looking for a few guys parting out sleds? I'm sure somebody would part with a button, or the whole assy..

I'm just south of Ames.

There is several guys that break these buttons off riding out west. I have never broke one but it sounds like the sled I'm getting tomorrow has a broken one.

If I cant find the part number, I'm going to make one out of aluminum if at all possible. Thanks Eric

I can't remember where I saw one, but I know I've seen a billet one..
Maybe somebody who knows will chime in?

Why call tomorrow when you can get the info tonight! - lol - Unfortunately I used to be able to get them through our regional technical reps but lately they have not been able to get us any. I have heard a rumor that they might be getting an actual part number assigned to them and be available through the normal parts supply chain in the future. When and if this happens I will definitely post the info on it. In the meantime I have encouraged a couple of machine shops that it would be worth the time to run off some aluminum ones but haven't seen anyone do it yet.

big_red1a - any chance you could post the actual part number they are using in Canada and I will try it and see if it works in the US.

Update on the red kill switch buttons - they definitely are now available through the normal parts channels. The part number on them is 8GL-86284-09-00 and they retail for $9.70 in the US and we currently have them in stock if you need one.

pro116 said:
Eric was the the sled you where telling me about with tj stuff?

Yes, i will post a couple pics this weekend. I should be done going through it tomorrow.

PS...they are going to get pounded out west this weekend :) Eric

Along this same line ... I now carry a small screw in the tool kit that can be screwed into a broken switch. When mine broke it killed the motor and broke off at a point that I could not get it switched back on. A screw makes it very easy to pull back on.

a little off topic but i broke the high-low beam button on my sled last year. would that kill button fit. its over 100 dollars for the assembly.

nb-attak said:
a little off topic but i broke the high-low beam button on my sled last year. would that kill button fit. its over 100 dollars for the assembly.

Call Kevin at Port Yamaha I bet that button has a part number now too. They both have been known to break off. Eric

Back