• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TTs sled - Rapex and some other projects

OEM rear heat exchanger was modified to fit the new tunnel ext. from MPI. This setup was made by welding 2 OEM crossover tubes and relocating/welded the in- and outlet on the heat exchanger. This setup has worked flawlessly since finished. My friend has copied it on his sled.

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

Attachments

• apex skid frame template.doc
    26 KB · Views: 361
  • apex_mountain_skid_frame.ppt
    22.5 KB · Views: 368
Tunnel ext. was changed out with a 159-162 MPI ext. MPI bumper was swapped out with a Ski-Doo bumper. A lot more functional when you get stuck!

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

Wildchild ride forward kit, Mountain mod gas tank cowling and RS Vector mountain seat was installed. The nice thing about the Vector mountain seat is that all electrical plugs are the same as on the RX-1. Foam is also stiffer that on the short track Apex seats. Seat upgrade and WC kit was like getting a new sled. Finally sled was getting easy to play with in powder snow – but still a beast during spring time – LOL

P9190099.jpg

P9190097.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

After a couple of rides with problems with ECP setup in deep snow – the decision was made – sled was getting BOOST. A used Bender stage 2 kit was bought. This was the MPI titanium version. The knowledge on in the turbo section is unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!! Due to broken parts on the kit I bought – the sled sat in the garage almost all season. But when all was fixed – I had the time of my life during spring season.

CR was dropped with 3 OEM stacked gaskets and torqued to Ted J. Specs - no problems some far - thanks Ted J. ;)!

005.jpg

The carbs were upgraded with MCX carb rings so you get more grip for the hoseclamps - a must in my opinion

014.jpg

In the pic you can see where the restrictor is located in the oil feed line. I ended up with a 60 main roundslide jet. I removed threads so it fit into the steel line and put a hoseclamp around the head of the jet to make sure no oil was getting around the jet

DSC00379.jpg

The center-section on the turbo was re-clocked so the oildrain was pointing straight down - and heat insullataion was added to the hose. Steel lines - both the feed and drain lines - have to be bent to fit. This is a must on the Bender kit - if you want to save the seals on the turbo in the long run. I also wired the oil pump so it can run after engine is shut off . I always run it for 5-10 seconds - this takes out the pressure in the feed line. ;) !

DSC00376.jpg

Air filter was upgraded and rerouted to the outside - no more hot moist air beeing fed to the engine

DSC00375.jpg

I moved the pressure signal for the fuel pressure regulator to the carb boots. Vortech bypass valve bought from Ted. J. Ready for beeing installed before the PITOT jet (float bowl pressure signal)

DSC00370.jpg

Fuel pump and regulator assembly. Re-lay got plenty of de-eletric grease and fuel hoses that run close to engine and clutched were upgraded with heat insulation tape.

DSC00369.jpg

Oil return pump installed - I installed rubber pice to the frame to make sure el. wires weren't rubbed against the metal. Not easy to see, but done.

DSC00368.jpg

Routing of the hoses to the carbs were done a little different than Bender instructions. I added a second line to the slides. Everything was clued and clamp. In the pic you can see the signal hose to the fuel pressure regulator is T'ed to the carb boots.

DSC00366.jpg

Fittings to the plenum were originally made out off plastic. Under the install I upgraded them to -6AN fittings. The fit perfect the 3/8 hoses for slide signal. On of the fittings are blocked off after I picked up signal to the regulator from the carb boots.

P4060033.jpg

This is Justin Fuller @ Full Power performance new exhaust pipe for the Bender kit - with added flex pipe and V-band. No more leaking exhaust.

DSC00388.jpg

But as all sledders every install has to have it own personal "twist". I belive that the turbo support/frame from the Bender kit is to weak - it flexes around the turbo inlet, and you will get a leak over time. My plan was to cut off the short pipe that is welded to the support/frame and install a homemade T-25 flange toward the turbo support/frame. Bolts will run through both this new setup and turbo flange. This way exhaust gaskets will cruz properly. Flange is made in the lathe - now only welding is left - but this will be left to the new owner of the kit.

DSC00395.jpg

Homemade stainless steel T-25 flange for the short pipe

DSC00397.jpg

Hole new exhaust setup with Justin Fullers Y-pipe (with flexpipe V-band) and "homemade" solution on the short pipe

DSC00457.jpg

Everything installed and polished - even D-frame and clutch covers are polished. Polishing is a sickeness :bling

P3310025.jpg

New airfilter pulled outside. I always carry a extra pre-filter with me in the trunk of the seat!

P3310022.jpg

This summer the Bender kit was pulled off the sled – due to install of Rxrider’s old MCX parts. Bender kit is up for sale - tons of extra parts.

Plans are to go mid mount from there with a Impulse header and down pipe next summer. Header and down pipe was bought from Bullet. Thanks Both Sean and Jan-Ove – you are both GREAT GUYS!!!!!!!!

The old Motion bar riser was traded to my friend - he will help me out welding on my tunnel project

New 8" risers bought from Doo_man was installed. Also bought guage brackets from CR-racing - NICE!!!!!!!

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

When I moved the Speedometer from its' original place it left ugly holes. I tried different solutions of covering it up, but was never satisfied. So made this bracket/plate with the Yamaha logo to cover the holes. Made on Autocad and cut on a flowjet/waterjet

DSC00093.jpg

The Vortech bypass valve needed a new adapter since MCX piping is 2" and not 1.75" as the Bender kit has. I had a alu weld flange in the garage - bought from Ted J: Small pipe from the flat flange was done on the lathe. Rxrider saved my a.. by providing my with the 2" pipe. Piping is not easy to find in my hometown. THANKS again buddy!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink:

DSC00408.jpg

As said before - I bought Rxriders "leftovers" from his MCX kit (missing fuel pump, regulator, clamps) I bought new T-bolt clamps for the hole kit - they are STRONG!!! Bought them cheap from RacePartSolution. Heat shield over the flexpipes has to be modified to make room to the pre-cooler. You can see I have added some heat tape betwwen the heat shield and the Pre-cooler. The oil feed line also has heat insulation all the way from the oiladapter to behind the seondary clutch. I am a firm beliver in details when it comes to installation of these turbo kits. It can make or brake the day :Rockon:

DSC00412.jpg

New heat insulation on the oilreturn line and vent line from the oilpan under the turbo. I have installed rubber pices on all places were lines rubb agains frame/parts etc.

DSC00417.jpg

Same thing - rubber to make sure of no wear on oil feed line.

DSC00419.jpg

New bracket to the Malpassi 241 fuel regulator had to be made. You can see that I have installed a spring around the gas return line. This is to make sure it doesn't collaps when expossed to heat from engine and clutch. Hose is also held in place with rubber supprt clamps to the D-frame. Extra rubber pices in evry place it rubbs against the frame. The kit got a new walbro fuel pump - bought from MCX.

DSC00420.jpg

Heat insulation installed on all hoses around the turbo (feed-, return., ventline etc.) ;)!

DSC00430.jpg

Upgrading the Airfilter - I don't want hot and moist air to the engine. I have a CR-racing air intake system on the way from Canada bought from Madsledder. Excellent guy to deal with :Rockon:

DSC00434.jpg

T-bolt clamp installed to conect the silocon hose from the turbo to the Pre-cooler. Pre-cooler has been fixed from all stud marks and wear. Nice to have friends that weld aluminium :jump:

DSC00442.jpg

Picture from underneath the turbo. This is on of the features I wished the Bender kit had - a oilpan with a went hose. Also new heat insulation and T-bolt clamp installed.

DSC00429.jpg

After the first install of the Bender kit I learned one thing the hard way :o| . Do a pressure test - clue all carb fittings - and clamp hoses etc. This makes the big difference from a good install to a PERFECT install :Rockon: I can not thank the guys over in the turbo section enough. I must have read all post over and over again before I installed the Bender kit. Their willingness of sharing their knowledge and experience is unbeliveable - hands down guys - YOU ARE THE BEST :drink: :drink: :drink:

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

MCX/Impulse summer procject. ;)!

When I decided to buy Rxriders MCX "leftovers" - this setup has been spinning around in my head and caused me many sleepless nights. Thanks Sean aka Bullet - LOL !!!!!!!!!!

Bullet did a mid mount conversion of his Bender kit with a Impulse header and down pipe - toghether with a REV gas tank. I was sold on the idea - boost addict - LOL.

The reason for just not doing it with the Bender kit - is that I plan on using left over parts from the RX-1 MCX kit on a APEX MCX kit. I wanted to sell the Bender kit as a complete kit - and not have a bunch of Bender parts on the shelf. Only one other Bender kit in Norway that I know of. So parts would just collect dust in the garage. Kit is stil for sale!

I am still collecting parts. I am still looking for a Apex MCX intercooler, fuel box and injectors.

DSC00439.jpg

During this winter I have been building my own VE-style tunnel. All parts are drawn in Autocad by myself and been cut out on a flowjet/waterjet. The plan was to install the tunnel during Christmas, but tunnel is not finished yet – still have to make the kick up runningboards. So install of the tunnel has to wait until summer.

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

Back