• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TTs sled - Rapex and some other projects

BenderSRX said:
TT Awesome job on the tunnel can't wait to see it when she's all done.

Thanks for the kind words ;)!

Tunnel has been put on hold for a while due to MCX install and family comitments. And NO SNOW :o| :o| :o|

If I deside to install the Impulse header I also have to straigten out the center section of the tunnel to fit the header and a REV or RT gastank.

The front suspention has been upgraded with Foxfloat. The RX-1 mountain has 15,5" center to center shocks. I could not find any 15,5" floats so I bought 16,5" CC floats from a member here on TY. The front suspention will bind when shocks extend all the way. I used Hammers solution with longer bolts and 1 " aluminium spacers. The pictures describ it better than my English skills:

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

All eletrical wires from the handlebars are moved over to the other side of the steering post/column. I have done this with a mid mount conversion in mind. With the Impulse header the chargetube/piping will come between the steering post and heat exchanger expantion tank. Nice to have it do. It also makes it easier to get to the clamps on the fuel tank and fuel lines with the MCX setup.

DSC00497.jpg

Soldering the AEM wideband postive wire to the blue and white wire under the fusebox. This is where the Bender kit pick up it positive wire to the realay. This wire is only "hot" when engine is running. I am considering adding a water-proof toggle switch to the wideband like Ted J. suggested. So the engine could run for a while before firing up the wideband.

DSC00502.jpg

With the AEM wideband installed the handlebar setup with CR-racing brackets are done - I am VERY happy with the setup - it is easy to see all guages both when standing or sitting down :-o Picture don't do justice to CR setup :bling

DSC00499.jpg

Things are getting done - I have to get the sled in a good warm garage - mine is not heated :o| :o| - and do a pressure test with soapwater on the comp. side and tighten some clamps. Then a few things left to do: priming oil feed line to the turbo and the turbo, oil change, verify fuel pressure and sync carbs. After that I will do the SNOW DANCE until we get some more snow :o| :o| If not I have to start cutting down them lugs to be able to drive #$%&*

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

Anti-bottom rollers installed and set up for soft in the picture.

DSC00507.jpg

New normally closed type tether install - wired/soldered into brown-white.

DSC00508.jpg

I almost forgot to cover up the hole from the Bender pre-cooler. That would not have been fun during spring time - LOL. I made a aluminium plate - used silicon and rivets to attach it.

DSC00513.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

I am posting picture of my pressure tester. Because I looked every where for pictures when I was going to install the Bender kit, but never found any.

It is made up from a a silicon hose with same ID as the airfilter, 2 hose clamps, aluminium cap with same ID as airfilter and an air-nippel from a car tire. Easy to make and works perfect.

DSC00519.jpg

Well I finally got the sled in the garage at work. Pressure test done - a little leak between the Vortech bov and flange - tighted bolts - all fixed ;)!

The picture shows attached homemade pressure-tester to turbo.

DSC00524.jpg

SHE IS ALIVE AGAIN :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: .

I had to add a relay to the fuel pump. Ing. fuse blew at once on first test ride when wired like MCX installation guide recomended:o|

How cares now - now the fun part starts - clutching and jetting :-o .

I have the jetting setup MCX recomends for our alltitude (0-2000 feet) 135 main jets, 17,5 pilot jets, fuel screw set at 2 turns.

When Rxrider had the kit I think he ended up with 132,5 main jets, 17,5 pilot jets and fuel screw set at 2 turns.

I have Hurricane turbo springs that I will give a shot ;)!

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

Looking at your sled makes mine look rather shabby LOL all your focus on details makes your sled stand out as one of the most clean and good looking builds IMO, great work buddy :) I share your filosofy on focusing on even the smallest details that could potensially lead to a break down or a ruined ride.

No need to comment on your work or your sled, all is well taken care of as far as I can judge.

I'm trying to talk my friend into buying a race IC for his Attak for next season, so that you can buy his MCX Apex IC LOL.

Keep up the good work buddy, your sled is a piece of art and I can start to imagine what the Apex are going to look like.

A little teaser for you. Some data from my last ride..... well with the MCX kit at 16 lbs my sled ran at 10400-10500 with 85.something grams in each weight. Now it runs straight into the rev limiter at 16 lbs running the exact same clutch setup, I have to give it 3/4 throttle to keep her off the limiter, it kills my friend Mikkel's sled (MCX) off the line and everywhere else.... I guess I'm making a lot more power lbs for lbs over the MCX. I have added 8 grams and went with a steeper helix to keep her off the limiter. Will go for a test ride any day soon.

Talk to you later buddy :)

Thanks Rxrider for the kind words - means alot coming from you!!!!!!!!!

I had it for the first test ride - everthing is working perfect. Sled is a little rich in the mid range/ also need some fine tuning with clutching. I will leave it for now due to the poor snow conditions. I guess snow will be gone in a week.

Thanks Kinger! I will send you a e-mail when I get home.

Back