• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dynotech Reseach has the # on the 2011 Apex

UPsledder

Extreme
According to the American Snowmobiler the Dyno # on the 2011 Apex came in @ 109.8 for thr torque at 7300 rpm. and 162.8 h.p. ar 8300 rpm. Good job Yamaha.

Won't be long till the bike guy's tell every one the exhaust valve don't work and call the number's BS.

kviper said:
Won't be long till the bike guy's tell every one the exhaust valve don't work and call the number's BS.

I've already called it....7 months ago. The EXUP valve is there for noise and the EPA.

The EXUP adds about 10-12 HP at 7000 RPM! They dynoed normally and with the valve locked open. Guess that proves the argument that the valve does nothing. Much broader power curve with the EXUP operational. That is one happy four cylinder!

For the record this was reported back on 9/11 (kinda old news). The engines makes 163.7 peak HP from 10,100-10,300 and is still making 162 HP at 11,000 which is closer to where I'd be looking to run it. 10,750 just like the older version should be its sweet happy spot.

87gtNOS said:
kviper said:

I've already called it....7 months ago. The EXUP valve is there for noise and the EPA.
You should read the article, It works. It Makes over 100 lb ft of torque from 6,000 to 10,300 if i remember correctly, Now that is a power band!!! It fell off drastically low through mid with the same number's on the big end with the valve locked open. Should be a blast from corner to corner. kviper

kviper said:
87gtNOS said:
kviper said:

You should read the article, It works. It Makes over 100 lb ft of torque from 6,000 to 10,300 if i remember correctly, Now that is a power band!!! It fell off drastically low through mid with the same number's on the big end with the valve locked open. Should be a blast from corner to corner. kviper

Exactly when do you drive your sled at WOT at 7000rpm??? If I remember correctly, WOT results in 10500rpm +/-

If it works that good a at WFO, It will work even better at part throttle cruising at 7000 RPM!

Welcome to 1998.......everybody wired the EXUP open on the bikes and guess what happened, same result as Dynotech. Now, if you change the header design, trash the exup and adjust the fuel curves I wonder what will happen. My guess is somebody will be selling alot of pipes and Power Comanders in the near future. 170 hp will be easy.

cacsrx1 said:
Welcome to 1998.......everybody wired the EXUP open on the bikes and guess what happened, same result as Dynotech. Now, if you change the header design, trash the exup and adjust the fuel curves I wonder what will happen. My guess is somebody will be selling alot of pipes and Power Comanders in the near future. 170 hp will be easy.

thank you, we have a winner.

;)!

kinger said:
How does the EXUP system hold up on bikes? Are they a maintanence nightmare?

whether it's a Kawi, Suzi, Yami, they all take em off or lock them open, etc...locking them means also tricking the ECU to think it's still operable.

kinger said:
How does the EXUP system hold up on bikes? Are they a maintanence nightmare?
Remember adjusting the power valve cables on the SRX's and Vipers,...same thing. Not a huge deal, but one more thing to look out for.

Hindle will be making a setup for the Apex this season and said they will eliminate the EXUP, as they have on bikes.

87gtNOS said:
kviper said:
87gtNOS said:
kviper said:

Exactly when do you drive your sled at WOT at 7000rpm??? If I remember correctly, WOT results in 10500rpm +/-
You don't seem to be following me, I will try to explain. Low (out of hole hit idle to mid) Mid (cruising rpm hit, corner to corner, 6,000 rpm up to WOT 10,500). Low to mid loss from valve locked open = less fun on the trail and not as quick. I doubt you will gain 12hp mid that would be lost from valve open and gain WOT hp with a header and pipe. This has been done with pre 2011's with little gain for the buck. Before i would mess with all this BS i would spend a few buck's more and do a Yam-Charger and have the fat power band and 180 plus hp. But than again what do i know? kviper

kviper, do we have a 2011? No, so who really cares...let them guys figure it out.

But on a motorcycle, at 7000 rpm, and you go WOT, it STAYS at 7000rpm....and these guys are removing the EXUP....I guess they don't know what they're doing!!

7000 on a bike may be a bad example...because in most applications, the valves are fully open above 6000 rpm.
I am betting that the valve is open on the sleds above 6 or 7000 rpm too.

I must add, I do have a Yamacharger.

Back